There was pretty bad news on the whole Major League Baseball versus. MLB Players’ Association negotiations front over the weekend. We won’t really get into that until we have to, though. It is a bummer. Let’s start the week off with some news.
The MLB First Year Player Draft was last week. It was a little different from drafts of previous years and so the results are hard to interpret, but there are some exciting players in the mix. Here is the complete list of drafted players:
- Jordan Walker (First Round), Third Base, High School
- Masyn Winn (Second Round), Right-handed Pitcher and Shortstop, High School
- Markevian “Tink” Hence (Competitive Balance Pick), Right-handed Pitcher, High School
- Alec Burleson (Compensation Pick for loss of Marcell Ozuna), Outfielder, East Carolina University
- Levi Prater (Third Round), Left-handed Pitcher, University of Oklahoma
- Ian Bedell (Fourth Round), Right-handed Pitcher, University of Missouri
- Leonard (LJ) Charles Jones IV (Fifth Round), Outfielder, Long Beach State University
The Cardinals also signed some undrafted free agents:
Baseball America says the #stlcards have reached agreements with five 20K UFAs today. They are:— Jeff Jones (@jmjones) June 14, 2020
OF Matt Chamberlain
RHP Gianluca Dalatri
LHP Mac Lardner
LHP Omar Sanchez
3B/OF Matt Koperniak
What do you all think of the Cardinals draft? How do you feel about the team selecting three high schoolers to start the draft?
what else is going on in baseball...
what the cardinals are up to...
Bob Costas speaking on McGwire and Sosa and all I can remember is this pic.twitter.com/jYc8IJw7S4— hashim (@___hash___) June 15, 2020
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
Tweet or e-mail me links @lil_scooter93 or at lil_scooter93 AT msn DOT com!