A little has been written about the Cardinals decision to carry eight relievers, particularly when it seems as though the same relievers get used every other game (read: I complained about this a lot because it makes no sense, NO SENSE). The rumor is, with the promotion of Tyler O’Neil...
the Cardinals will send down a reliever:
The Cardinals have not decided on a corresponding move yet, per source, but O'Neill's promotion is likely to come at the expense of a reliever. That will give Mike Matheny five bench players for the first time this season. #STLCards— Joe Trezza (@JoeTrezz) April 18, 2018
Which is cool because it appears there will be no end to the pointless double-switching, so maybe this...
Tommy Pham felt his groin tighten up in the ninth inning, but the Cardinals had nobody to replace him after using all their reserves.— Joe Trezza (@JoeTrezz) April 18, 2018
Pham said he probably would have left the game, but also that he's healthy enough to play tomorrow.
will not happen again.
But, anyway, some info on Mr. O’Neill.
- He is the Cardinals #4 prospect in their system
- He is an outfielder
- He is Canadian
- The Cardinals acquired O’Neill from the Mariners for Marco Gonazales
- At Memphis he has a slash line of .388/.385/.837 in fifty-two plate appearances
- His Memphis wRC+ is 192 with .449 ISO
- Yes, that batting average is higher than his OBP. He has nineteen hits (with six being home runs), two sacrifice flies and, wait for it... one walk
- His BABIP is a hearty .371 - he has generally been a high BABIP hitter, but not that high, nope
- Terry O’Neill is Tyler’s father - he was named Mr. Canada in 1975, which is a title given to Canada’s best body builder
- Terry looks like this:
- Tyler looks like this:
Should be fun!
what else is going on in baseball...
what the cardinals are up to...
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the chicago cubs
the nl central
Tweet or e-mail me links @lil_scooter93 or at lil_scooter93 AT msn DOT com!