The latest hurricane (yes, it felt bizarre to type that), Hurricane Maria, has tore through Puerto Rico, leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. Many have been left without power and it could be months before it is restored. Per Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch:
Hurricane Maria buzzsawed over Puerto Rico and its most populated areas, causing “catastrophic” and “life-threatening” flooding, the National Hurricane Center said. More than 3 million U.S. citizens who live on the island have been without power and could be for months, and areas of the U.S. territory received more than 37 inches of rain, according to the National Weather Service.
To help aid in the relief efforts Yadier Molina and his wife, Wanda, have established a GoFundMe page with the goal of raising $1 million. Per Goold:
In addition to raising money, Molina also intends to direct money he has put into his foundation for relief and rebuilding efforts.
Every bit helps. To donate, visit www.gofundme.com/pray4prteammolina4pr
Puerto Rico need u help! please! anything u can will be good for us! thanks! Fundacion 4 Banco Popular de PuertoRico account number203393960 with routing number 021502011 for donations to help hurricane Maria victims in Puerto Rico. Everything will be donated to help our Island rebuild! Puerto Rico se levanta mi gente! Cuenta del Banco Popular de Puerto Rico 203393960 con numero de ruta y transito 021502011. Lo que sea donado es todo para ayudar a los damnificados por el huracan Maria y ayudar a reconstruir la Isla! fundacion 4
Molina organizes relief effort for devastated Puerto Rico | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
MLB players are raising money for Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria | SBNation.com
what else is going on in baseball...
- Which MLB players excelled in the second half? | Sports on Earth
- After a great MLB regular season, October should be epic. | Sports on Earth
- Four MLB franchises have a chance to win 100 games. | Sports on Earth
- Francisco Lindor leads as Indians sweep Angels | MLB.com
- Rob Manfred discusses netting in MLB ballparks | MLB.com
- Watch this Braves ballboy scoop a short-hop like a Gold Glove first baseman | MLB.com
- The thumbs-down Mets fan is the meme baseball needs | MLB.com
- How Financial Security for Minor Leaguers Would Benefit Everyone | FanGraphs Baseball
- Finding Baseball’s Most Improved Hitter | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Rockies’ Big Advantage in the Wild Card Race | FanGraphs Baseball
- Updating the Language of Hitting | FanGraphs Baseball
- The cost of extending the netting at every Major League Baseball stadium | SBNation.com
- Terry Collins probably won’t be back as Mets manager next season | SBNation.com
- Diving into the walks gap between U.S.-born and Latin American players | ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- Cardinals complete sweep of Reds, behind 14 hits (and 7 walks) in 8-5 win | Viva El Birdos
- DeWitt going to bat for fan safety | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the pittsburgh pirates
- Jung-Ho Kang breaks silence, is eager to get back to baseball, Pirates | Bucs Dugout
- Series Preview: Cardinals at Pirates | Bucs Dugout
- Series preview: Cardinals at Pirates | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
the nl central
- Kris Bryant, Cubs defeat Brewers in 10 innings | MLB.com
- Milwaukee Brewers fans will remember Thursday's gut-punch loss to Cubs | SweetSpot | ESPN
viva el stuff...
- NFL season 2017: What they get wrong about every team | SBNation.com
- NBA future player rankings: These players will be All-Stars in 4 years | SBNation.com
- WNBA Finals 2017: How the Lynx and Sparks became superteams | SBNation.com
Tweet or e-mail me links @lil_scooter93 or at lil_scooter93 AT msn DOT com!