Never tell me the odds! Except for actually do tell me the odds because I have a natural curiosity and cannot help myself. So, with that being said, I find myself checking the Fangraphs playoff odds for the Cardinals with nearly each passing day hoping they get just a little bit higher. It is a bit of a cruel thing to do to myself, I know, but I just have to know what the odds are, even if I am just going to discount them later.
The Cardinals have a 23.1% chance to make the playoffs.
They have a 17.2% chance to win the National League Central Division.
They have a 5.8% chance to earn a Wild Card spot.
There is a 1.3% chance the Cardinals win the World Series, according to Fangraphs.
It is not great, but not terrible. Settle in for a mad dash to the end of the season.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Indians win 20th straight on Kluber's shutout | MLB.com
- Dodgers clinch berth; Indians win again | MLB.com
- Indians Win-Streak Facts | FanGraphs Baseball
- Cleveland Indians win streak reaches 20 games, ties 2002 Oakland A’s | SBNation.com
- Indians manager Terry Francona shared an embarrassing work story | SBNation.com
- Astros defeat Angels on Verlander's 1-hit gem | MLB.com
- How To Sign Shohei Ohtani | FanGraphs Baseball
- Shohei Otani plans to play in MLB in 2018 | SBNation.com
- Baseball Has a New All-Time Record | FanGraphs Baseball
- MLB 2018 season schedule released: Now with just 1 Opening Day | SBNation.com
- Biggest pitching question marks facing playoff teams | SweetSpot | ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- Paul DeJong on Calm Clarity and Process | FanGraphs Baseball
- Cardinals Pound Reds, Keep Pace in Central | Viva El Birdos
- Make it fast: Sierra brought back from Memphis, for depth and speed | Cardinal Beat | stltoday.com
- Mozeliak salutes Matheny and staff, says 'club has some new energy' | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Cardinals will start 2018 in New York, finish at Wrigley Field | Derrick Goold: Bird Land | stltoday.com
- Wainwright to Bullpen Is a Possibility, but Only if He Comes Back Strong in September | 101Sports.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the cincinnati red stockings
- Eugenio Suarez Can Hit Both Fastballs | FanGraphs Baseball
- Zack Cozart homers, Reds walk everyone and lose 13-4 | Red Reporter
the nl central
Tweet or e-mail me links @lil_scooter93 or at lil_scooter93 AT msn DOT com!