Around baseball, more common have become the helmet extension - that piece of plastic screwed to the base of the helmet that covers the part of the players cheek and jaw that faces the pitcher. Some people claim that they interfere with the player's vision, but really they mostly prevent this [NOTE: if you are squeamish, maybe not watch this]:
Ouch. Now, thanks to the faceguard this is what happens:
A lot less scary! Kolten Wong was pretty thankful, too...
So thank you, helmet extensions. Thank you, face guards. Without you, some baseball players would have a lot less teeth. And for that, we thank you.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Where Did Yonder Alonso’s Fly Balls Go? | FanGraphs Baseball
- Mike Trout gets his 1,000th career hit on his 26th birthday | SBNation.com
- Astros, Tigers discussing Justin Verlander trade | SBNation.com
- Ike Davis, former Mets not-a-pitcher, struck out the side in his Arizona League debut | SBNation.com
what the cardinals are up to...
- St. Louis Cardinals activate Dexter Fowler, send Stephen Piscotty to minors | ESPN
- Cardinals option Piscotty to Memphis | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Ortiz: Martinez must be an ace for Cards to stay in the race | Jesus Ortiz | stltoday.com
- Cardinals Still a Long Shot to Win Central, but 'Stranger Things Have Happened' | 101Sports.com
- The Cardinals destroyed the Royals - A recap from August 7, 2017 | Viva El Birdos
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the kansas city royals
- Cardinals should destroy the Royals | Viva El Birdos
- Ugh. Royals Kennedyed in 11-3 Cards disaster. | Royals Review
- A Kansas City Royals Community | Royals Review
the nl central
- The story of the inning that changed Cubs history | Chicago Cubs Blog | ESPN
- Thanks, Cubs! Despite Their Losing Record the Cardinals Remain Oddly Undead | 101Sports.com