David Eckstein is one of my favorite players ever. I could go on this long tangent about why I like him and how through heart and determination he overcame athletic shortcomings like physical stature and arm strength, but I will not do that. Instead, look at my name. It says "lil_scooter93". My nickname is "scooter". That should be all you need to know.
On this day twelve years ago, August 7, 2005, David Eckstein hit a walk off grand slam. Per tradition, established by yours truly one year ago, we are gonna watch it.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Yu Darvish debut shows Dodgers are even better | MLB.com
- Giancarlo Stanton homers at SunTrust Park | MLB.com
- This fan ran three city blocks to get an autograph and Yasiel Puig rewarded him | MLB.com
- Dodgers hit five homers to stay perfect vs. NY | MLB.com
- Corey Kluber is Making History | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Nuts And Bolts Of BIP-Based Park Factors | FanGraphs Baseball
- In memory of Don Baylor, master of the HBP | SBNation.com
- The Twins played ‘Sexy and I Know It’ to celebrate Bartolo Colon’s complete game | SBNation.com
- Noah Syndergaard had a ‘Game of Thrones’ cameo | SBNation.com
what the cardinals are up to...
- Goold: Change is in the air for Cards, even if it takes until offseason | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Siegrist goes on DL; Gyorko sits; Fowler stymied | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the kansas city royals
- Royals series preview: The St. Louis Cardinals | Royals Review
- A Kansas City Royals Community | Royals Review
the nl central
- Matt Wieters' grand slam lifts Nats over Cubs | MLB.com
- Willson Contreras is firing the Cubs back to the top of their division | SBNation.com
- Brewers' Travis Shaw gets clocked in the neck with a ball and leaves game | SBNation.com