If you watched the Cardinals play the Pirates on Sunday in Williamsport in the Little League Classic, you might have noticed Tommy Pham's glittery cleats. More spectacular than those cleats is the story behind them. Seven-year-old Lemarion and five-year-old Chloe were the designers behind those particular shoes. Lemarion and Chloe are currently being treated for cancer at St. Louis Children's hospital. When he is not playing baseball, Tommy Pham spends time visiting his friends at Children's. Before heading out to Williamsport, he asked for their help with his cleats, and they delivered.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Starting Pictures: MLB Little League Classic | MLB.com
- Should Justin Upton Opt Out? | FanGraphs Baseball
- Can Scouts and Statcast Coexist? | FanGraphs Baseball
- When the Ump Show Takes Center Stage | FanGraphs Baseball
- Home plate umpire forced to leave the game after being hit in the head by a pitch | SBNation.com
- Yasiel Puig sacrificed his body to the scoreboard to make a leaping catch | SBNation.com
- The 2 Boog Powells will meet for the 1st time at Camden Yards this week | SBNation.com
- Solar eclipse 2017: The 5 minor league games being played during Aug. 21 event | SBNation.com
- Justin Verlander's domination of Dodgers looked like Astros audition | SweetSpot | ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- History made in first Little League Classic | MLB.com
- Tommy Pham and Carlos Martinez ordered 200 snow cones for Little Leaguers at Williamsport | MLB.com
- Reel Fast: Little League Classic | MLB.com
- BenFred: Time for Cardinals to follow the Tommy Pham Test | Ben Frederickson | stltoday.com
- Cards swap Voit for Piscotty, adding another outfielder to the mix | Derrick Goold: Bird Land | stltoday.com
- Watch: Happy 93rd B-Day, Mr. Buck! Enjoy Jack's Heartwarming Moments Outside the Booth | 101Sports.com
- It's Time for the Cardinals to Send Mike Leake to the Bullpen | 101Sports.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the san diego padres
the nl central
- Cubs walk off in 10th to sweep Blue Jays | MLB.com
- Joey Votto’s Greatness Is Wasted On The Reds | FiveThirtyEight