The Saga of the Rally Kitten has truly been a roller coaster of emotion. You may remember the second prior to Yadier Molina hitting a go-ahead grand slam Wednesday night, a very adorable, but feral, kitten ran onto the field. The kitten's brave dash has earned it acclaim and the honored distinction as The Rally Cat (though, it really is a kitten, guys). In case you have forgotten, here it is again:
Such a daring creature deserves a loving home, yes? Well, the whereabouts of the kitten are unknown. According the grounds crew member that wrangled the kitten, he last saw it outside the stadium where he released it and sought medical attention. From there, the story of the kitten gets fuzzier.
What we do know it that multiple sources claim a woman claimed the kitten and was seen leaving the stadium with it. According the woman, the cat jumped from her arms and fled into CityGarden. That was the last place the Rally Kitten was seen.
After all this, the real question is becoming more clear to me: Did the Rally Kitten even exist in the first place? Now, I know it is difficult to believe that this many people would imagine a fictitious feline. We all saw the kitten - it was there. But what if stranger forces are at work here? What if, its purpose fulfilled, the kitten returned to its rightful place - like through a wardrobe to Narnia-like land? Look, it is not my place to question the mystical forces behind baseball. I am merely here to appreciate them, and send my thanks.
So Rally Kitten, if you are out there, thank you. Not for inspiring the Cardinals, but for inspiring the fan base. We needed you.
But what is this? A break in the case?
We did trap a kitten at @CitygardenSTL overnight. We will be trying to determine if it is #Rallycat. pic.twitter.com/o5Y5IIcYoU— STLFCO (@stlfco) August 11, 2017
Woman says she nabbed Cardinals rally cat outside Busch Stadium – then lost it | Metro | stltoday.com
Rally cat unaccounted for in St. Louis | MLB.com
Reflections on Rally Cat and animals of the past. | Sports on Earth
'Cat capers' a ratings winner for Fox Sports Midwest | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
Hochman: Look what the cat dragged in — hope | Benjamin Hochman | stltoday.com
#RallyCat Fallout: City Mourns Missing Kitty; Grounds Crew Member Becomes a Celeb | 101Sports.com
The Cardinals’ Rally Cat was stolen and lost, and nothing makes sense | SBNation.com
what else is going on in baseball...
- Dodgers' Yasiel Puig hits go-ahead single | MLB.com
- Porcello's immaculate inning | MLB.com
- Rob Manfred joins RBI WS softball roundtable | MLB.com
- 12 biggest X-factors in the MLB playoff races. | Sports on Earth
- Are the 2017 Dodgers the best MLB team in history? | Sports on Earth
- Phillies Promote Their Best Hitter From Triple-A | FanGraphs Baseball
- Indians Lose Michael Brantley, Add Jay Bruce | FanGraphs Baseball
- Tim Tebow said hello to a young fan with autism, then immediately jacked a home run | SBNation.com
- Jose Canseco wants everyone to know he could outhit Aaron Judge | SBNation.com
- Jacob deGrom leaves the game after being hit by a line drive | SBNation.com
- The Yankees made fun of their 3rd base coach after he fell waving runners home | SBNation.com
- Already an MVP candidate, Jose Altuve might be getting even better | ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- Given chance by Cardinals, Jose Martinez is seizing it | Cardinal Beat | stltoday.com
- Three months after injury, Poncedeleon cleared for baseball activities | STL Sports Page (thanks to Mark for the link!!!)
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
that atlanta braves
- The Braves, Swanson, and Camargo Conundrum | Talking Chop
- An Atlanta Braves community | Talking Chop
the nl central
- Kyle Schwarber could be an unconventional fit to replace Willson Contreras | Bleed Cubbie Blue
- Milwaukee Brewers legend Paul Molitor is still underappreciated | Brew Crew Ball
viva el stuff...
Stealing Home: Why I Love the St. Louis Cardinals | Viva El Birdos
An Ode to Yadier | Viva El Birdos
Could Andrew Knizner make Carson Kelly expendable? | Viva El Birdos
Is Matt Carpenter an average first baseman? | Viva El Birdos
- VEB Podcast #92: The All-Time Cardinals Awards | Viva El Birdos
- Jim Brown weighs in on Colin Kaepernick. | Sports on Earth
- 50 greatest black athletes — The Undefeated | ESPN
- Drivers impacted by NASCAR’s new economic realities | SBNation.com
- NFL scores 2017: Results, highlights, and news from Aug. 10 | SBNation.com
- The Porter brothers make Missouri college basketball's most fascinating team | SBNation.com