Carlos Martínez is known, particularly around these parts of the Internets, for his fun-loving, joyful spirit. After personally witnessing him in action at several charity events, it is of this writer’s opinion that Carlos is a genuine, kind, and caring person. On his off days, he chooses to spend time helping others and makes sure to talk to everyone that seeks him out. He is completely earnest in his mission to help other people and it is inspiring and heart-warming. In his latest example of do-goodery, Carlos invited some fellow Dominicans he has met at Six Flags to Busch Stadium. According the Fox Sports Midwest broadcast, Martínez overheard a Dominican accent while waiting in line for pizza and struck up a conversation with the group. This eventually led to the pitcher inviting the group to a baseball game.
Is he not just, like, the best?
St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) June 26, 2017
what else is going on in baseball...
- Umpire John Tumpane helps save woman's life | MLB.com
- Hero umpire helps prevent woman from jumping off bridge before working Pirates-Rays game | SBNation.com
- Yankees' Aaron Judge hits 115-mph HR for 27th | MLB.com
- Aaron Judge teaches Chicago White Sox fans not to mess with him | Yankees Blog | ESPN
- Stephen Strasburg strikes out 13 Cubs in win | MLB.com
- Assessing the Stephen Strasburg contract one year(ish) later | Washington Nationals | ESPN
- Tim Tebow hits first home run after promotion | MLB.com
- Chris Gimenez on Being a Non-Pitcher Who Pitches | FanGraphs Baseball
- Picking the 2017 National League All-Stars | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Rockies have lost 8 in a row, but everyone chasing them is just as awful | SBNation.com
- Nolan Arenado made one of the most ridiculous plays of the 2017 MLB season | SBNation.com
- The 12 most memorable moments from the 2017 NCAA baseball tournament | SBNation.com
what the cardinals are up to...
- Ortiz: Horrible NL Central may keep Cardinals out of seller's market | Jesus Ortiz | stltoday.com
- Shock therapy continues as Cardinals demote Diaz | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Cardinals' Young Hitters Must Go to Memphis for Help Because the Big-League Staff Can't Fix Them | 101Sports.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the arizona diamondbacks
the nl central
- Reds Scott Schebler robs a home run | MLB.com
- Joey Votto dressed like a donkey to help get Zack Cozart to the All-Star Game | MLB.com
- Chicago Cubs return to White House | MLB.com
- No, that Cubs player wasn’t flipping off the President of the United States | SBNation.com
- Let’s Do the Math on Miguel Montero and Jake Arrieta | FanGraphs Baseball
- I watched all 31 stolen bases against Miguel Montero so you don’t have to | SBNation.com
- Joe Maddon & Cubs acted quickly to get rid of Miguel Montero before things got worse | SBNation.com
- Cubs Carl Edwards Jr. skipped White House visit for 'dinosaur museums' | SBNation.com
- Kris Bryant sprains ankle in Cubs’ loss to Nationals | SBNation.com
- Kris Bryant's injury the kicker on a drama-filled day for Chicago Cubs | Chicago Cubs Blog | ESPN
- Have Batters Become Too Comfortable? | FanGraphs Baseball
- Another Reason the Brewers Sit in First Place | FanGraphs Baseball