The St. Louis Cardinal sit at thirty four wins and forty losses - five games back of the division-leading [squints] Milwaukee Brewers, which is a comfortable fourth place in the division. The Wild Card slips further and further out of reach, but the division could be the team’s ticket into the postseason despite the team’s lackluster record to date. If the Cardinals are going to make a run at the division things will have to change, however. They will have to do something a little bit different than what they have been doing. And I know just what they should do.
They need to stop losing games.
Hear me out. I know, it seems crazy, but maybe, just maybe, it could work. See, if they stop losing games, then that means they will win games and if they win games, their record will get better and who knows? Maybe they will have more wins than every other National League team in the Central* region of the United States. I recommend implementing this plan, like right now, though.
No, no, you do not have to thanks me. The fact that I was able to help my favorite team with my brilliant ideas is payment enough.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Ronald Torreyes hits walk-off single for Yanks | MLB.com
- Red Sox retire David Ortiz's No. 34 | MLB.com
- Kershaw leads Dodgers past Rox, to 50th win | MLB.com
- This D-backs fan snagged a home run in one hand while holding a tray of food in the other | MLB.com
- 52-year-old Barry Bonds said 'without a doubt' he can still hit one into the bay | MLB.com
- Dodgers use wild pitches for 10th straight win | MLB.com
- The Dodgers Are the New Cubs | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Dodgers are streaking, and it might not stop for a while | Stats & Info | ESPN
- The Demystification of the Dinger | FanGraphs Baseball
- The only correct 2017 All-Star ballot for the National League | SBNation.com
- Home Run Derby 2017: Giancarlo Stanton to defend his crown at home | SBNation.com
- Nationals fan's obituary says he died after watching the relief pitchers 'blow yet another lead' | SBNation.com
- MLBRank 2017: Jessica Mendoza's Top 10 players | ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- This fan's purse catch proves you don't need a glove to make the play | SBNation.com
- Game Blog: Voit gets first big league start | Cardinal Beat | stltoday.com
- Cardinals avoid sweep but are 'not on a great path right now' | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Cards notebook: Chronic foot pain sends Fowler to DL | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Hochman: Gibson, McCarver keep the spirit of '67 | Benjamin Hochman | stltoday.com
- Cardinals Questions, Part III: Yadier Molina, Carson Kelly, And the Awkwardness of Change | 101Sports.com
- 6/23/2017 Recap: Cards Drop Heartbreaker to Late Pirates Rally | Viva El Birdos
- 6.24.17 Recap: Cards Drop Third Straight to Pirates | Viva El Birdos
- Cardinals avoit the sweep 6.25.17 | Viva El Birdos
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the cincinnati red stockings
the nl central
- In Celebration of the Brewers and Twins | FanGraphs Baseball
- Joe Maddon on Leadership and Straight Talk | FanGraphs Baseball
- Can the Cubs give Bryce Harper the Bryce Harper treatment again? | ESPN
- The Pirates Should Sell, Softly | FanGraphs Baseball