Have you ever opened a fortune cookie or read a horoscope and saw your "lucky numbers"? I am not exactly sure what lucky numbers mean or how to even apply them to my life, but if I had to guess, 5 and 23 must appear to Randal Grichuk a lot. For the second year in a row on May 23, Grich scored a key run in the ninth inning (2015 doesn’t count because there was not a ninth inning in that game, but had there been, he probably would have scored then, too).
On May 23, 2016 Randal Grichuk did this:
what else is going on in baseball...
- Yanks play God Save the Queen to honor victims | MLB.com
- The Yankees and the Stanford Marshmallow Experiment | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Preposterous Mike Trout | FanGraphs Baseball
- Jered Weaver’s hometown discount was a cautionary tale | SBNation.com
- The Meaning of a Team’s 50-Game Record | FanGraphs Baseball
- Baseball’s on Track for Another All-Time High | FanGraphs Baseball
- Rob Manfred is talking about MLB expansion into Mexico | SBNation.com
- Atlanta Braves pitcher Bartolo Colón is driven by his love for the game | ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- Quick Hits: Derrick Goold on the Cardinals | Derrick Goold: Bird Land | stltoday.com
- Ortiz: Carpenter sent wrong message after bonehead mistake | Jesus Ortiz | stltoday.com
- Carpenter stands by his decision on costly baserunning play | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- The Cardinals visit L.A. & Clayton Kershaw on May 25th, in the year 2017 | Viva El Birdos
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the los angeles trolley dodgers
- Cardinals next three games are against the Dodgers | Viva El Birdos
- Joc Pederson caught the first pitch from his brother Champ on his bobblehead night | MLB.com
- Joc Pederson exits with stiff neck after violent outfield collision with Yasiel Puig | True Blue LA
- Logan Forsythe walk-off double lifts Dodgers over Cardinals | True Blue LA
- A Los Angeles Dodgers Community | True Blue LA
the nl central
- Statcast: Kyle Schwarber hits 470-foot homer | MLB.com
- With Willson Contreras on watch, running on Jon Lester isn't smart | Chicago Cubs Blog | ESPN
- David Ross' magical run to the 'Dancing with the Stars' finals ended with a second-place finish | MLB.com
- Rashad Jennings beat David Ross to win ‘Dancing With the Stars’ | SBNation.com
- Josh Bell responded to an Onion article with a joke of his own | MLB.com
- Joey Votto absolutely schooled these hecklers on camera | SBNation.com