This is less of an ode and more of just a video compilation, but the point remains that over the weekend the Cardinals traded Matt Adams to the Braves. While it is not surprising the Cardinals moved the left-handed slugger, it of course was sudden, as trades tend to be. And though Matt Adams was never really a full time starter, he has left some lasting-memories in our hearts during his time wearing the Birds on the Bat.
Good luck in Atlanta, Big City. Thanks for the memories!
Matt Adams Joins the Braves… For Now | FanGraphs Baseball
Atlanta Braves acquire Matt Adams in trade with St. Louis Cardinals | ESPN
Gordo: Mozeliak bolsters Braves, but Cards needs remain | Jeff Gordon | stltoday.com
The Cardinals' Decision to Trade Matt Adams Makes Some Sense, But I Raise A Mild Objection | 101Sports.com
Braves get 1B Matt Adams from Cards as fill-in for Freeman | 101Sports.com
what else is going on in baseball...
- Stanton's big game at the dish | MLB.com
- The adventures of Giancarlo: Stanton runs through fence, leaps over Dee Gordon for catch | MLB.com
- Dodgers, Marlins benches clear in 9th inning | MLB.com
- Tommy Lasorda still inspires joy in baseball | MLB.com
- Tigers hit 4 HRs to snap Rangers' win streak | MLB.com
- 8 prospects who could be called up to the bigs soon. | Sports on Earth
- 10 most lopsided trades in sports history. | Sports on Earth
- Which active MLB managers could make the Hall of Fame/ | Sports on Earth
- It’s Time for a Pitcher to Throw 80% Breaking Balls | FanGraphs Baseball
- Daniel Murphy Is a Value-Adding Teammate | FanGraphs Baseball
- David Wright suffered another setback in his injury rehab | SBNation.com
- Rays' Kevin Kiermaier couldn't find his foul ball until it bopped him on the helmet | SBNation.com
- Aaron Judge uses his 6'7, 282-pound frame to make this spectacular diving catch | SBNation.com
- The Luis Robert signing is part of the end of an era | SBNation.com
- Real or not? Mike Trout has raised his game to a new level | SweetSpot | ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- Relive the jaw-dropping barehanded play that Ozzie Smith once called his best ever | MLB.com
- Jhonny Peralta of St. Louis Cardinals activated from disabled list | ESPN
- 'War horse' Wainwright still has it | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Goold: Working to save his vision, Pham never loses sight of goal | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Wong, Piscotty not in lineup; players discuss Adams trade | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Cardinals miss out on Cuban outfielder Robert | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Listing the Cardinals' Most Valuable Potential Trade Pieces | 101Sports.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
- Check out the get-well-soon card that Pirates fans made for Jameson Taillon | MLB.com
- The Pirates gave away a bobblehead we can all relate to: Bob Walk falling out of his chair | MLB.com
- Kris Bryant homers twice as Cubs top Brewers | MLB.com
- David Ross has plenty of support from the Cubs before the 'Dancing with the Stars' finale | MLB.com
- 'Parks and Recreation' star Nick Offerman sang 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' at Wrigley Field | MLB.com
- Strong start from Jake Arrieta bolsters Cubs' resurgence | Chicago Cubs Blog | ESPN
- Rain dance: Brewers' & Cubs' moves amaze | MLB.com
- NL Central-leading Brewers are more than just Eric Thames' hot start | SweetSpot | ESPN
- A bird stopped by the Reds broadcast booth to spark a rally and give an interview | MLB.com
Tweet or e-mail me links @lil_scooter93 or at lil_scooter93 AT msn DOT com!