This is less of an ode and more of just a video compilation, but the point remains that over the weekend the Cardinals traded Matt Adams to the Braves. While it is not surprising the Cardinals moved the left-handed slugger, it of course was sudden, as trades tend to be. And though Matt Adams was never really a full time starter, he has left some lasting-memories in our hearts during his time wearing the Birds on the Bat.
Good luck in Atlanta, Big City. Thanks for the memories!
The Cardinals' Decision to Trade Matt Adams Makes Some Sense, But I Raise A Mild Objection | 101Sports.com
what else is going on in baseball...
- Stanton's big game at the dish | MLB.com
- The adventures of Giancarlo: Stanton runs through fence, leaps over Dee Gordon for catch | MLB.com
- Dodgers, Marlins benches clear in 9th inning | MLB.com
- Tommy Lasorda still inspires joy in baseball | MLB.com
- Tigers hit 4 HRs to snap Rangers' win streak | MLB.com
- 8 prospects who could be called up to the bigs soon. | Sports on Earth
- 10 most lopsided trades in sports history. | Sports on Earth
- Which active MLB managers could make the Hall of Fame/ | Sports on Earth
- It’s Time for a Pitcher to Throw 80% Breaking Balls | FanGraphs Baseball
- Daniel Murphy Is a Value-Adding Teammate | FanGraphs Baseball
- David Wright suffered another setback in his injury rehab | SBNation.com
- Rays' Kevin Kiermaier couldn't find his foul ball until it bopped him on the helmet | SBNation.com
- Aaron Judge uses his 6'7, 282-pound frame to make this spectacular diving catch | SBNation.com
- The Luis Robert signing is part of the end of an era | SBNation.com
- Real or not? Mike Trout has raised his game to a new level | SweetSpot | ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- Relive the jaw-dropping barehanded play that Ozzie Smith once called his best ever | MLB.com
- Jhonny Peralta of St. Louis Cardinals activated from disabled list | ESPN
- 'War horse' Wainwright still has it | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Goold: Working to save his vision, Pham never loses sight of goal | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Wong, Piscotty not in lineup; players discuss Adams trade | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Cardinals miss out on Cuban outfielder Robert | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Listing the Cardinals' Most Valuable Potential Trade Pieces | 101Sports.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
- Check out the get-well-soon card that Pirates fans made for Jameson Taillon | MLB.com
- The Pirates gave away a bobblehead we can all relate to: Bob Walk falling out of his chair | MLB.com
- Kris Bryant homers twice as Cubs top Brewers | MLB.com
- David Ross has plenty of support from the Cubs before the 'Dancing with the Stars' finale | MLB.com
- 'Parks and Recreation' star Nick Offerman sang 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' at Wrigley Field | MLB.com
- Strong start from Jake Arrieta bolsters Cubs' resurgence | Chicago Cubs Blog | ESPN
- Rain dance: Brewers' & Cubs' moves amaze | MLB.com
- NL Central-leading Brewers are more than just Eric Thames' hot start | SweetSpot | ESPN
- A bird stopped by the Reds broadcast booth to spark a rally and give an interview | MLB.com