Confused by the headline? I know, I am the worrrrrrrrrst. But it is true - the Cardinals are headed to the World Series.
The Little League World Series.
Per Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch:
The Cardinals and Pittsburgh Pirates in the process of relocating their August 20 game from PNC Park to a facility in Williamsport, Pa. The game would be part of the annual Little League World Series tournament, and it would be featured on ESPN as part of Sunday Night Baseball. An announcement is expected later this week.
Of course, this wouldn’t be Randal Grichuk’s first trip to the Little League World Series. According to Goold, he is excited at the possibility of returning.
"There are a lot of special memories from that place. I'll go check out the spots I remember, go see some of the places I remember."
This is going to be so cool.
Sources: Cardinals picked to play Pittsburgh in Williamsport | Derrick Goold: Bird Land | stltoday.com
what else is going on in baseball...
- Diamondbacks' Zack Greinke is one of a kind | MLB.com
- The 2017 World Baseball Classic has begun | SBNation.com
- Schoenfield: What to watch for in the World Baseball Classic | SweetSpot | ESPN
- Five World Baseball Classic predictions | MLB.com
- Scouting out the 2017 World Baseball Classic's eight best teams. | Sports on Earth
- You might not have heard of them, but these five World Baseball Classic players are worth watching | MLB.com
- Constructing baseball's best all-world lineup | MLB.com
- Red Sox David Price doesn't need surgery | MLB.com
- Did David Price’s Cutter Tell Us Something Was Coming? | FanGraphs Baseball
- Noah Syndergaard will appear as an extra on 'Game of Thrones' this season | MLB.com
- Louisville Bats manager Delino DeShields gets his infield ready with a tennis racket | MLB.com
- Statcast introduces catch probability for 2017 | MLB.com
- Jared Hoying ended Domingo Santana's homer barrage with a great leaping catch at the wall | MLB.com
- Yasiel Puig celebrated his first home run of 2017 with a giant bat flip | MLB.com
- Tim Tebow likely to appear in Grapefruit games | MLB.com
- How MLB teams could move away from the five-man rotation. | Sports on Earth
- The New Brazilian Flamethrower | FanGraphs Baseball
- Hey, Is That the 2015 Bryce Harper? | FanGraphs Baseball
- How Much Are Last Year’s Free Agents Worth Now? | FanGraphs Baseball
- Mariners players hire personal mariachi band to follow Leonys Martin all day on his birthday | SBNation.com
- Jose Abreu testifies that he ate his fake passport when 1st arriving in the U.S. | SBNation.com
- There might be actual progress on pace of play | SBNation.com
- Introducing the Béisbol Life -- A celebration of Major League Baseball's Latino spirit | ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- Sources: Cardinals picked to play Pittsburgh in Williamsport | Derrick Goold: Bird Land | stltoday.com
- Rosenthal has MRI and positive result helps set schedule for return | Cardinal Beat | stltoday.com
- Pham still trying to put it all together with Cardinals | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Goold: Schafer bids to become baseball's 'Slash' | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Matt Carpenter of St. Louis Cardinals won't play World Baseball Classic because of back stiffness | ESPN
- Matt Carpenter Has A Stiff Back. No Big Deal, or Should the Cardinals Be Worried? | 101Sports.com
- Dexter Fowler's importance to the Cardinals goes far beyond baseball | USA Today
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
- Enjoy Anthony Rizzo's vintage Justin Timberlake hair before it goes bye, bye, bye for charity | MLB.com
- Cubs shave heads for pediatric cancer research | MLB.com
- Bryan Price Elaborates on Workloads and Pitcher Injuries | FanGraphs Baseball