The game featuring the Dominican Republic versus Puerto Rico promised to be entertaining and it did not disappoint. For Cardinals fans, the entertainment factor was dialed up (or if you are like me, made you miserable because HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE I REFUSE TO DO IT) as fan-favorite Carlos Martínez took the mound against battery-mate and fellow fan-favorite Yadier Molina. Which Cardinal came away victorious?
Yadier Molina made sure it was him.
Yadi accounted for two of the three runs with his first-inning RBI bloop single and sixth inning homer. Molina also guided the many pitchers Puerto Rico used in the game to keep the powerful Dominican team off the board for eight innings (the DR’s only run came off a second-inning Nelson Cruz homer).
Oh and he threw out a would-be base-stealer:
Yadier Molina with a 1.88 pop time to get Nelson Cruz at 2nd. 83.5 MPH on the throw— Daren Willman (@darenw) March 15, 2017
Is that good?
what else is going on in baseball...
- USA Venezuela something to prove in Classic | MLB.com
- Drew Smyly looms large if U.S. hopes to advance past second round | SweetSpot | ESPN
- Israel's World Baseball Classic dream ends while Japan advances | SBNation.com
- Javy Baez made a no-look tag (while celebrating) on a stealing Nelson Cruz | MLB.com
- Javier Baez celebrated during a no-look tag in the World Baseball Classic | SBNation.com
- World Baseball Classic 2017 scores: Puerto Rico upsets the Dominican Republic | SBNation.com
- Puerto Rico snaps Dominican Republic's 11-game WBC streak | ESPN
- The Power of Pitch "Lineage" | FanGraphs Baseball
- Examining Two Years of Catch Probabilities | FanGraphs Baseball
- Here’s a photo of the Colorado Rockies lined up in an extremely specific way for Pi Day | SBNation.com
- Manny Ramirez's new contract in Japan includes 'unlimited sushi' | SBNation.com
- Jobs in jeopardy as Baby Bombers challenge Yankees veterans | Yankees Blog | ESPN
- To grieve Jose Fernandez's death, Miami Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton took life-changing journey | ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Jordan Schafer headed for elbow surgery | ESPN
- Schafer's bid to be two-way player ends with elbow surgery | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Mike Matheny, the St. Louis Cardinals' 'glove breaker-inner guy' | St Louis Cardinals | ESPN
- Rosenthal, out nearly two weeks, will start Thursday | Cardinal Beat | stltoday.com
- Hochman: Wacha among several Cardinals trending up | Benjamin Hochman | stltoday.com
- If Jedd Gyorko Continues To Play Multiple Positions, the Cardinals Are Better For It | 101Sports.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
- Trevor Williams' dad enjoys miracle recovery | MLB.com
- Rewriting history just part of Epstein's story | MLB.com
- David Ross will dance to 'Go Cubs Go' on 'Dancing with the Stars' | SBNation.com