I don’t know if many of you have heard, but the newest craze sweeping the nation is an unfounded seething hatred of St. Louis. Kinda like with Nickelback, except without all the reasons. The latest person to get in on this hot new fad was former Mets catcher and Hall of Famer Mike Piazza. In an interview with the New York Times, Piazza had this to say [when asked about the possibility of an MLS team in St. Louis]:
"I'd rather be poor in Italy than based in St. Louis. You can't get a good meal there!"
Not really the worst thing, but considering the city’s relatively high Italian population and the existence of a place called The Hill, the comment stung. So we sent in our best to rectify the situation.
STL look who the hell I found.!!! I'm last person he wanted to see.!He BEEN APOLOGIZING ALLNIGHT I will be bringing him to eat in LOU. pic.twitter.com/VBnTDCC6oB— Nelly_Mo (@Nelly_Mo) February 28, 2017
Remember: when you insult St. Louis, you insult Nelly, a man that represents his hometown with pride - his twitter handle is literally @Nelly_Mo.
Looks like Mike Piazza will be eating a little more than his words.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Nolan Arenado realizes Team USA dream in WBC | MLB.com
- U.S. pitching plans for Classic taking shape | MLB.com
- Top defensive plays in World Baseball Classic | MLB.com
- Tim Tebow arrives at Mets Spring Training camp | MLB.com
- Yoan Moncada shines on defense in first start | MLB.com
- Adrian Beltre is getting a new bobbleleg statue to commemorate his on-base dancing skills | MLB.com
- An MLB All-Star team made up of foreign-born players. | Sports on Earth
- Michael Kopech on Heat, Momentum, and Health | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Closest Thing to Andrew Miller’s Slider | FanGraphs Baseball
- Are We at the High-Water Mark for Shifting in Baseball? | FanGraphs Baseball
- A stickier baseball could have unintended consequences | SBNation.com
- With nation deeply divided, MLB's silence speaks volumes | ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- Red Sox's Tate Matheny plays vs. Cardinals | MLB.com
- Stronger Wacha shows his old form | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Hochman: Plane crash ended Peete’s chance at Cards history | Benjamin Hochman | stltoday.com
- Lynn, Rosenthal look strong in spring debuts | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
- Cubs Notes: Maddon, Hendricks, Anderson, Zagunis | FanGraphs Baseball
- Chicago Cubs' Javier Baez is having more fun than anyone right now | Chicago Cubs Blog | ESPN