St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) February 2, 2017
And the details:
- Five years
- $51 million,
- $4.5 million for 2017
- $11.5 million for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Option one (2022): $17 million
- Option two (2023): $18 million
- Total possible value of deal: seven years, $86 million
- The chance to see this for the next seven years?
Feel free to woo with reckless abandon.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Team USA's WBC '17 roster set to take shape | MLB.com
- Meet Joe Charboneau: The Indians' larger-than-life cult hero of the 1980s | MLB.com
- It's Groundhog Day: Which baseball game would you want to watch over and over and over again? | MLB.com
- Four underrated MLB teams to keep an eye on. | Sports on Earth
- Nobody is more serious about Team Mexico than this man and his mustache | MLB.com
- Eddie Butler Then, Now, and in the Future | FanGraphs Baseball
- What Can a Full Season of Lucroy Do for the Rangers? | FanGraphs Baseball
- 2016 Hitter Contact-Quality Report: NL Right Fielders | FanGraphs Baseball
- Shohei Otani won’t pitch in the World Baseball Classic | SBNation.com
- The Great Baseball Skills Competition -- Who has the best natural talent? | ESPN
- Need a baseball fix? Here's what to watch in Caribbean Series | SweetSpot | ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- Carlos Martinez, Cardinals agree to extension | MLB.com
- Carlos Martinez, at home on and off the field in St. Louis | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Goold: How Garcia set the stage for Martinez's record extension | Derrick Goold: Bird Land | stltoday.com
- Carlos Martinez agrees to 5-year, $51 million deal with the Cardinals | Cardinal Beat | stltoday.com
- In Signing Carlos Martinez, the Cardinals Have Their Ace In Place For a Long Time | 101Sports.com
- The Best Pitcher-Hitting Season of the DH Era | FanGraphs Baseball
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central