On July 31 Aledmys Diaz was hit by an Andrew Cashner 95 mph fastball. He immediately clutched his right hand in pain. The result was a broken thumb and a forty-two day stay on the disabled list. He had played very well to that point and it was all very terrible and upsetting.
Aledmys Diaz is back. He's back kicking ass.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Dodgers defeat Yankees in series opener | MLB.com
- Marlins' Ichiro passes Lou Brock in hits | marlins.com
- Skaggs on fantasy football name | MLB.com
- Another Way to Tell a Hitter’s Having a Good Year | FanGraphs Baseball
- Go Vote in the 2016 Fans Scouting Report! | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Near-Historic Characteristic of the Indians Offense | FanGraphs Baseball
- 1,122 good dogs attended the White Sox game, which is a Guinness World Record | SBNation.com
- Adrian Beltre hit a home run on 1 knee, again | SBNation.com
- This young girl savoring cotton candy is the best baseball fan on the planet | SBNation.com
- With 7 straight wins, the Mariners aren’t out of the race yet | SBNation.com
- Mike Trout's real MVP problem? He's just not that interesting | ESPN
- Is Boston Red Sox DH David Ortiz having the greatest farewell season of all time? | ESPN
- Next on Clayton Kershaw's list of comeback tests? First Yankee Stadium | Los Angeles Dodgers Report | ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- Alex Reyes could supplant Jaime Garcia in St. Louis Cardinals rotation | St Louis Cardinals | ESPN
- Rosenthal says he's ready to pitch | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Bird Bytes: Cardinals Have Played the Cubs Tough, but Does It Mean Anything? | 101Sports.com
- The Cardinals' road success might give them the edge in October | Beyond the Box Score
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the chicago cubs
- Hendricks' gem drops Cubs' magic number to 3 | MLB.com
- Anyone see this coming from Kyle Hendricks? | Sports on Earth
- There will be no toasting in St. Louis as Cubs offense stalls | Chicago Cubs Blog | ESPN
- Heyward: 'Nobody's going to care' about his .225 average when playoffs start | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Cardinals 4, Cubs 2: RISPy Business | Bleed Cubbie Blue
- Brandon Moss ends slump, takes names and hits game-winning homer in 4-2 win over Cubs | Viva El Birdos
- A Chicago Cubs Community | Bleed Cubbie Blue
the san francisco giants
- The Giants aren't hitting the ball as hard as the other teams | McCovey Chronicles
- A San Francisco Giants Community | McCovey Chronicles
the new york metropolitans
- Keith Hernandez may or may not have broken a camera lens with a highlighter | MLB.com
- Washington Nationals' Daniel Murphy makes game-ending out vs. Mets | Washington Nationals | ESPN
- Breaking down the Mets’ nightmare ninth inning last night against the Nationals | Amazin' Avenue
- A New York Mets Community | Amazin' Avenue
the nl central