The 2016 Trade Deadline was a whirlwind - the red baron wrote all about that this morning. The NL Central seemed to be particularly busy, though, with two rebuilding teams, two contending teams, and one team that no one really knows what is doing.
So, in the effort of putting all the trades in one place, here are all the NL Central trades made at the deadline in one place...
The Rangers acquire catcher Jonathan Lucroy and right-handed reliever Jeremy Jeffress from the Brewers for center-field prospect Lewis Brinson, right-handed pitching prospect Luis Ortiz and a player to be named later.
Rangers acquire Lucroy, Beltran and Jeffress | MLB.com
The Giants acquire left-handed reliever Will Smith from the Brewers for catcher Andrew Susac and right-handed pitching prospect Phil Bickford.
Giants add left-hander Will Smith in trade | MLB.com
The Cubs acquire right-handed reliever Joe Smith from the Angels for right-handed pitching prospect Jesus Castillo.
Cubs bolster bullpen, acquire Joe Smith | MLB.com
The Mets acquire left-handed pitcher Jonathon Niese from the Pirates for left-handed reliever Antonio Bastardo.
Mets reacquire Jonathon Niese from Pirates | MLB.com
The Pirates acquire right-handed pitcher Ivan Nova from the Yankees for two players to be named.
Pirates get Ivan Nova in trade with Yankees | MLB.com
The Blue Jays acquire left-handed starter Francisco Liriano, right-field prospect Harold Ramirez and catching prospect Reese McGuire for left-handed pitcher Drew Hutchison.
Blue Jays trade for Liriano, pitching depth | MLB.com
The Mets acquire right fielder Jay Bruce from the Reds for second baseman Dilson Herrera and left-handed pitching prospect Max Wotell.
Mets acquire outfielder Jay Bruce from Reds | MLB.com
Not to mention the Cubs trade for Aroldis Chapman and some other strange things the Pirates did.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Rangers, Dodgers among Trade Deadline winners | MLB.com
- Astros beat Blue Jays in 14-inning walk-off | MLB.com
- Danny Duffy strikes out 16, sets Royals record | royals.com
- MLB teams make 18 deals with 49 players Monday | MLB.com
- The Strike Zone Has Gotten Smaller | FanGraphs Baseball
Yasiel Puig Could Be Yours If You Want Him | FanGraphs Baseball
- Jon Gray Keeps Adding Pitches | FanGraphs Baseball
- Orioles Reacquire Lefty-Masher Steve Pearce | FanGraphs Baseball
- Home plate umpire halts game to eject heckling fan from the 14th row | SBNation.com
- Alex Rodriguez might have had his last at-bat for the Yankees | SBNation.com
what the cardinals are up to...
- Five Things We Learned Tuesday: Mike Matheny is still bad at tactics | SweetSpot | ESPN
- Molina, Matheny rank high in annual survey of managers | Derrick Goold: Bird Land | stltoday.com
- Another close loss takes its toll on St. Louis Cardinals' morale | St Louis Cardinals | ESPN
- Could Carpenter's performance at Class AA speed up his return? | Derrick Goold: Bird Land | stltoday.com
- Series of promotions puts prospect Weaver on verge of majors | Derrick Goold: Bird Land | stltoday.com
- The Cardinals, Mike Matheny, Randal Grichuk and Confusion in Center Field | 101Sports.com
- Ortiz: Be The Match donor drive at Busch honors Strauss | Jesus Ortiz | stltoday.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the cincinnati red stockings
- Joey Votto gives interfering Reds fan a death stare only to apologize with a signed baseball | SBNation.com
- Cardinals lose in brutal fashion in 7-5 walkoff loss to Reds | Viva El Birdos
- Scott Schebler hits massive 3-run walk off homer to lead Reds past Cardinals, 7-5 | Red Reporter
- A Cincinnati Reds community | Red Reporter
the nl central
- Cubs organist Gary Pressy sings 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' to mark 2,400th consecutive game | MLB.com
- Aroldis Chapman feels at home with the Chicago Cubs | Chicago Cubs Blog | ESPN