Today is Tuesday. "Tuesday" begins with a "T". "Trivia" also begins with a "T". It is an alliteration too good to pass up. Plus, Trivia is fun. So now, let's test your knowledge (or at least your ability to Google search).
Last month I challenged you with this Birdo:
Not only were many of you able to correctly guess this Birdo's identity, but also the event leading up to the photo...
Michael Wacha after striking out Juan Uribe to escape a bases loaded,one-out jam in the 2013 NLCS to hold the Cardinals' one-zero lead over Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers.
Congrats to all who answered correctly!
Now for today's challenge...
Who is this?
- He ranks first in all of Major League Baseball in doubles from 2013-2015 with 132
- He ranks second in all of Major League Baseball from 2013-2015 in runs scored with 326 trailing only Mike Trout who had scored 328 during that time.
- He's got him a gal in Pekin. She's a good ole gal, okay? She's sittin' there waitin' by the window fan on a long, hot summer day.
When, where, and following what was the above photo taken?
Spoiler-tag your answers!
what else is going on in baseball...
- A curveball in the dirt somehow ended up stuck in Yasmani Grandal's chest protector | MLB.com
- A Dodgers ballgirl made a fantastic catch on a 108.7 mph liner, protected fan in process | MLB.com
- Even demoted by Dodgers, never a dull moment with Yasiel Puig | Los Angeles Dodgers Report | ESPN
- Yankees farm system could be MLB's best | yankees.com
- The 'uber' Yankees? Brian Cashman's LeBron James-like master plan | Yankees Blog | ESPN
- Jayson Werth kidnapped a Bruce Bochy gnome and held it in the dugout | MLB.com
- Madison Bumgarner hit a pinch-hit double and then Jeff Samardzija pinch-ran for him, scored | MLB.com
- The Thing All the Trades Had in Common | FanGraphs Baseball
- Ranking the Prospects Traded at the Deadline | FanGraphs Baseball
- Projecting the Prospects Traded Yesterday | FanGraphs Baseball
- Carlos Beltran and Texas: A Match Made in Heaven | FanGraphs Baseball
- MLB’s trade deadline is over and the Rangers are done messing around | SBNation.com
- The winners and losers of the 2016 MLB trade deadline | SBNation.com
- Miami Marlins' Jose Fernandez is back and better than ever | ESPN
- New lineup spots for Lucroy, Beltran, Bruce, Reddick and more | MLB | Fantasy Baseball- ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- Derek Dietrich, Marlins beat Cardinals | MLB.com
- St. Louis Cardinals' Aledmys Diaz has break in thumb from HBP | ESPN
- Diaz to the DL dashes Cardinals' optimism | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Losing Aledmys Diaz is a Blow to Cardinals. Now: Can Jhonny Peralta Power Up? | 101Sports.com
- Cardinals decide to hold rather than deal at deadline | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Cardinals Cornerstone Yadier Molina: Is He Catching a Second Wind? | 101Sports.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the cincinnati red stockings
- Cincinnati Reds to trade Jay Bruce to New York Mets for Dilson Herrera, Max Wotell | Red Reporter
- Farewell, Jay Bruce | Red Reporter
- Breaking down the Reds trade of Jay Bruce to the Mets for Dilson Herrera | Red Reporter
- Hochman: No Bruuuuuce! Does it help Cards (or hurt)? | Benjamin Hochman | stltoday.com
- Series preview: Cardinals at Reds | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- A Cincinnati Reds community | Red Reporter
the nl central
- Anthony Rizzo is quietly having a solid year. | Sports on Earth
- Cubs stun Mariners in 12th on Lester's RBI | MLB.com
- Cubs Complete Bullpen Makeover with Joe Smith | FanGraphs Baseball
- Chicago Cubs Kyle Hendricks complete-game shutout over Miami Marlins | Chicago Cubs Blog | ESPN
- BenFred: Sizable gap between Cardinals and Cubs | Ben Frederickson | stltoday.com
- Jeremy Jeffress, Brewers named Bullpen of Week | brewers.com
- Giants Pay Steep Price for Brewers Reliever Will Smith | FanGraphs Baseball
- Brewers to promote top prospect SS Orlando Arcia | Brew Crew Ball
- Brewers reportedly trade Jonathan Lucroy and Jeremy Jeffress to Rangers | SBNation.com
- Pirates Shed Salary at the Cost of Two Prospects | FanGraphs Baseball
- On the Pirates' disastrous Francisco Liriano trade | Bucs Dugout