When the Cardinals acquired Brandon Moss via trade at the 2015 deadline, the move garnered mixed opinions. Now, in the 2016 season, those opinions have pretty much aligned into this one:
Brandon Moss is good.
At the very least he is good at one particular thing, and that thing happens to be the rare and beautiful ability to hit the ball out of the park. He leads the Cardinals in home runs right now at twenty-two and he reached that number after only 317 plate appearances and 281 at bats. That is a dinger every 14.4 plate appearance and every 12.8 at bats!
But enough discussion. Let’s watch:
That was fun.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Adam Eaton's special grand-slam secret: Blow a bubble for extra focus | MLB.com
- Adrian Gonzalez homers twice against Phillies | MLB.com
- Orbit's gymnastics floor routine was just a little too late to win Olympic gold | MLB.com
- Seager's game-saving play in 9th | MLB.com
- Astros' Jose Altuve plays soccer in offseason | astros.com
- Noah Syndergaard Has a Major Problem | FanGraphs Baseball
- Pitchers Have Taken Notice of Mookie Betts | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Best Year at Second Base… Ever | FanGraphs Baseball
- The So-Far Disastrous Crop of 2016 Free Agents | FanGraphs Baseball
- Imagining the All-World Defense Team | FanGraphs Baseball
- This fan tried to catch a foul ball, but it hit his tummy and he lost his beer instead | SBNation.com
- George Lopez -- On Fernandomania and the moment I became a Dodgers fan | ESPN
- The redemption of the Boston Red Sox's Rick Porcello | Boston Red Sox Blog | ESPN
- Middle-infield prospects among top hitters in Cardinals' system | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
what the cardinals are up to...
- St. Louis Cardinals out on Houston Astros' Carlos Gomez | MLB Rumor Central | ESPN
- The Resurgence Continues for Cardinals Catcher Yadier Molina | 101Sports.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the philadelphia philadelphias
- Series preview: Cardinals at Phillies | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- A Philadephia Phillies Community | The Good Phight
the nl central
- Jorge Soler, Jon Lester lead Cubs by Brewers | MLB.com
- Travis Wood refused to move out of a foul ball's path and learned his lesson -- or did he? | MLB.com
- Kris Bryant’s big day is a reminder he could be NL MVP | SBNation.com
- Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon casts a vote for NL MVP: Bryzzo | Chicago Cubs Blog | ESPN
viva el stuff...
- A short history of long tradition of bad sportsmanship at Summer Olympics | ESPN
- U.S. Swimmers’ Disputed Robbery Claim Fuels Tension in Brazil - The New York Times
- Usain Bolt captivates with his speed and personality. | Sports on Earth
- What Is Going On With Vladimir Sobotka? | St. Louis Game Time