This past Sunday was Father's Day, so I visited with my father and his father. In the morning we went out to breakfast to celebrate. While at the restaurant we saw several other dads and their families. One father in particular stands out in my mind because he was wearing a shirt with the hand prints of his three children on it and their names. It brought back memories of a t-shirt my father used to wear on Father's Day. Then I realized, maybe hideous shirts are what Father's Day is all about. Father's Day is a day to celebrate our dads, dads who wear socks with sandals and pants in the middle of a summer heatwave, and if not pants then khaki cargo shorts. It is only right that we show how much we love him by giving him another article of clothing that no one but a dad would ever have the attitude to pull off.
Adam Wainwright has adorable children and now he has an adorable shirt.
Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there! Check out the shirt my girls made me! Let me see what other dads got. pic.twitter.com/SYQYRDTU73— Adam Wainwright (@UncleCharlie50) June 19, 2016
Side note: I know the blue jerseys were for a good cause (all proceeds from the sales of these jerseys go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation), but here is the exchange I had with my father about them:
Dad: Is there something wrong with our TV?
Me: No, the lettering is just blue.
Me: It is for Father's Day.
Dad: Oh... Well, you know what I would like for Father's Day?
Me: ... What?
Dad: To be able to tell the teams apart.
So, I do not think he was a fan.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday!
what else is going on in baseball...
- Rays Pride Night honors Orlando victims | raysbaseball.com
- MLB commissioner on Orlando: 'The LGBT community is part of the baseball community' | Outsports
- Tampa Bay Rays raise $300,000 for victims of Orlando shootings | Outsports
ALL STAR GAME:
- Pic-off attempt: Which pros' Pops are these? | MLB.com
- Watch Bryce Harper celebrate Father's Day early with his New Era commercial | MLB.com
- This is how MLB celebrated Father's Day 2016 | MLB.com
- Playing matchmaker for the MLB trade market. | Sports on Earth
- Wright, Reyes face reality of uncertain futures. | Sports on Earth
- However you count it, Ichiro has lots of hits. | Sports on Earth
- Let's all watch Braves righty Chris Withrow struggle valiantly against the Citi Field bullpen door | MLB.com
- Tim Lincecum, Mike Trout lead Angels to win | MLB.com
- Week Ahead: Central divisons heating up | MLB.com
- The Winners and the Losers in the Other Draft | FanGraphs Baseball
- College World Series 2016: Bracket, schedule and scores | SBNation.com
what the cardinals are up to...
- St. Louis Cardinals activate Seth Maness from disabled list | ESPN
- Righty Dakota Hudson signs with Cardinals | cardinals.com
- Matt Adams is finding his groove with the Cardinals | St Louis Cardinals | ESPN
- Hochman: Sinking Redbirds must 'clean things up' | Benjamin Hochman | stltoday.com
- Cardinals notes: Rosenthal still Cardinals' closer, says Matheny | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Ortiz: Draft pick Carlson embodies his mother's spirit | Jesus Ortiz | stltoday.com
- Matt Carpenter's Dad Says Infielder's 'Thick Skin' Began at a Young Age | 101Sports.com
- Cardinals promote Tommy Pham, option Randal Grichuk to Memphis | Viva El Birdos
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the chicago cubs
- BFFs Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo recreate their trademark Bryzzo Souvenir Co. celebration | MLB.com
- Cubs fan catches Willson Contreras' first big league homer, goes absolutely nuts in celebration | MLB.com
- Projecting Willson Contreras | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Willson Contreras Scouting Report | FanGraphs Baseball
- Willson Contreras highlights another magical night for Chicago Cubs | Chicago Cubs Blog | ESPN
- The Chicago Cubs' Chase | ESPN
- Series preview: Cardinals at Cubs | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
the nl central
- Billy Hamilton makes outstanding diving catch | MLB.com
- Scouting the Reds’ Cody Reed Before His Debut | FanGraphs Baseball
- Projecting Reds Lefty Cody Reed | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Pirates aren’t made of pitching magic, but their pitching magic can save them | SBNation.com