Fighting is bad. This is something we are taught from a very young age. Use your words, not your fists, turn the other cheek, take the high road, violence is not the answer, etc. These are all true. The following post in no way is meant to condone violent behavior. In fact, look at how silly these grown men are acting. Don't be like these men.
Now, that being said, let's watch some legendary Cardinals basebrawls.
August 10, 2010
The person most captivating in this to me is Jaime Garcia. He did not ask for this. He came to the park with the expectation that it would be a normal day. A second ago he is nonchalantly kicking the dirt behind the pitching rubber, and now he is in the middle of a full-blown basebrawl.
This particular basebrawl would go on to end Jason LaRue's career. Again, violence is not the answer, folks.
July 24, 1988
Did Will Clark slide into second base like a dick? Definitely. Did Ozzie Smith and Jose Oquendo overreact? Probably. The lesson: don't be a dick. The other lesson: if someone is a dick to you, don't try to hit them.
July 22, 1986
Alex provides further commentary on this basebrawl in Tuesday's news and notes section, but damn, Whitey.
Jose Bautista, Rougned Odor, and the written rules of punching each other in the face | SBNation.com
what else is going on in baseball...
- Blue Jays, Rangers throw punches during game | MLB.com
- Jose Bautista, Rougned Odor, and the written rules of punching each other in the face | SBNation.com
- Marcus Stroman graduates from Duke University between starts | MLB.com
- Let Brad Ausmus and these 9 other managers teach you how to get kicked out of a ballgame | MLB.com
- Tigers manager Brad Ausmus stripped off his shirt and covered home plate after getting ejected | SBNation.com
- Veterans worthy of All-Star Game selection | MLB.com
- Christian Colon revealed his baby's gender by smashing a baseball into smoke | MLB.com
- Beltran's landmark home runs | MLB.com
- Quintin Berry dazzled the world with a 41-mph eephus pitch in a Minor League game | MLB.com
- NERD Game Scores for Tuesday, May 17, 2016 | FanGraphs Baseball
- How Good Is Your Team’s Chemistry? | FanGraphs Baseball
- Tim Lincecum Goes to the Most Obvious Place | FanGraphs Baseball
- The 500 HR club is becoming special again | SBNation.com
what the cardinals are up to...
- The Cardinals’ Missing Magic | FanGraphs Baseball
- Cards notebook: Defense helps Grichuk stay in the lineup | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Cardinals nearly are a cinch in the pinch | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Matt Carpenter: Finding the Sweet Spot With His Hitting Approach | 101Sports.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the colorado rockies
- Series preview: Cardinals vs. Colorado | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- MLB goes soft on domestic violence in Jose Reyes ruling | Purple Row
- A Colorado Rockies Community | Purple Row
the nl central
- Cubs, Nationals lead first MLB Power Rankings | MLB.com
- The Cubs Are Dominating the Ground-Ball Game | FanGraphs Baseball
- Happy Hanson Day: Pirates Prospect Receives the Call | FanGraphs Baseball
- What to do if your child was trolled by Joey Votto | The Good Phight