I will be honest - when the idea of Matt Holliday playing first base was introduced, I thought it was bad. I was never really opposed to him trying, but I, even as an optimist, felt that it was going to be a complete failure. But so far, it has actually not been that bad. He had made every routine play to him thus far, and, dare I say, he actually looks cromulent there.
That does not mean it is always pretty, though.
Matt Holliday at first base is still pretty weird, but if he gets the job done and allows the Cardinals to play the best defensive outfield, then sure, why not?
Here is a video of Adam Wainwright and Jaime Garcia dancing:
what else is going on in baseball...
- Clayton Kershaw sets MLB, Dodgers records | dodgers.com
- 5 stats every baseball fan should get to know better. | Sports on Earth
- Some context to Max Scherzer's 20-strikeout game. | Sports on Earth
- Living legend Bartolo Colon can do no wrong. | Sports on Earth
- Rich Hill's comeback began at home last summer. | Sports on Earth
- On Friday the 13th, celebrate five of the most superstitious players in baseball history | MLB.com
- 10 hardest MLB All-Star ballot voting choices | MLB.com
- Jon Gray ain't afraid of no ghost: Rockies starter is a ghost hunter in his free time | MLB.com
- Red Sox playing host to Play Ball Weekend | redsox.com
- 10 players that should earn your All-Star vote | MLB.com
- Why the grave of James Whyte Davis matters. | Sports on Earth
- Hanley Ramirez engineers fake hidden ball trick against Luis Valbuena just to keep him guessing | MLB.com
- After nine home runs in eight years, Bobby Wilson hit two grand slams in a week | MLB.com
- D-backs Little League takeover | MLB.com
- Watch an Army softball player literally leap over the catcher to avoid being tagged | MLB.com
- NERD Game Scores for Monday, May 16, 2016 | FanGraphs Baseball
- 2016 Broadcaster Rankings (TV): Intro and #31-32 | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Best of FanGraphs: May 9-13, 2016 | FanGraphs Baseball
- Max Scherzer and the Quality of 20 Strikeout Opponents | FanGraphs Baseball
- Reviewing Clayton Kershaw’s Four Walks | FanGraphs Baseball
- Beltran's 400th homer | MLB.com
- The idiocy of the unwritten rules | Bluebird Banter
- Rougned Odor has one more career hit after punching Jose Bautista, according to Wikipedia | SBNation.com
- Rougned Odor punched Jose Bautista in the face in the biggest MLB brawl in years | SBNation.com
- Albert Pujols bat-flipped the Seattle Mariners into oblivion | Halos Heaven
- The book about the 2016 A's would be sad as hell | SBNation.com
what the cardinals are up to...
- Statcast: Grichuk's leaping grab | MLB.com
- Boras praises Holliday's versatility | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Goold: Reyes, like Miller, learns powerful lesson | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Maness on DL; Kiekhefer makes Cardinals debut | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
- Jake Arrieta beats Pirates; Rizzo, Russell HR | MLB.com
- Hummel: Cubs, White Sox are strange bedfellows | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com