Baseball is getting soft. Gone are the days of throwing potentially lethal pitches at players' heads, running over catchers just because, and now diving at middle-infielders legs intentionally is a thing of the past. The whole thing is a disgrace. What has become of our once great sport? It used to be the ultimate display of toughness, the last hope for our people, especially now that football has created that wimpy "concussion protocol". I want my sport back. And I know just what to do.
Put the players in dresses.
When the players wore dresses, was there whining? No. The game was tough. Every slide left a hideous bruise. Dirt would get everywhere. And there was no crying.
Look at these players:
Do these players look like they are whining about a little broken leg? No, because they are the epitome of tough.
So let's make baseball tough again. Put the players back in dresses and let baseball be played as it should be.
** Photos courtesy of:
Linedrives and Lipstick: The Untold Story of Women's Baseball (PAST EXHIBIT) | Park City Museum
dorothy-harrell-catching-a-ball - Women in Sports Pictures - Women’s History Month | HISTORY.com
Batter Up! A Visual History of Baseball in Florida | Florida Memory
what else is going on in baseball...
- MLB Opening Day 2016 top moments | MLB.com
- 8 horrible Opening Day starts by playoff teams | AZ Snake Pit
- Blue Jays went from a 4-3 lead to a 3-2 loss because of new MLB slide rule reversal | SBNation.com
- John Gibbons and Chip Hale have already embarrassed themselves | SBNation.com
- We will miss you, David Wright | Amazin' Avenue
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw dominates Padres | MLB.com
- Giants go back-to-back-to-back | MLB.com
- Harper adds to Opening Day magic | MLB.com
- Did you know? 16 facts from Opening Day 2016 | MLB.com
- Chase Utley continues to crave the blood of humans | The Good Phight
- The incontrovertible truths of MLB Opening Day 2016 | SBNation.com
- Jose Bautista and the New Slide Rule | FanGraphs Baseball
- Garrett Richards Changeup Watch | FanGraphs Baseball
- Here’s All the Weird Baseball Things That Happened Already | FanGraphs Baseball
what the cardinals are up to...
- BenFred: Making sense of these 0-2 Cardinals | Ben Frederickson | stltoday.com
- Hochman: Sky isn't falling but strikeouts are a concern | Benjamin Hochman | stltoday.com
- Cardinals notes: Pena, Pham could miss a month | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Cards Need Better Formula On Offense: Better Contact, Fewer Grounders | 101Sports.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the pittsburgh pirates
the nl central