Much has been said about the Cardinals age coming in to this season. At the time it seemed to be an adequate point - tough, but fair.
Except it really was not. And we at Viva el Birdos have dedicated hours of manpower to prove it. Our hard work is now vindicated. According to MLB.com, here are the top five youngest teams based on their Opening Day rosters:
This number is mostly due to the youth of the Cardinals starting pitching, a group that only has three age thirty or older. The absence of Jhonny Peralta also lowers the overall age of the team.
So there you have it. The Cardinals are not old! Cousin Andrew says so.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Angels' Pujols hits walk-off after Trout walks | angels.com
- In Kansas City, Eric Hosmer might be more popular than Justin Bieber | MLB.com
- 'The Sandlot' turned 23, so the Orioles took to Snapchat to recreate their favorite moments | MLB.com
- Vote in the Elite Eight of our MLB stadium competition. | Sports on Earth
- 10 MLB storylines that could prove to be precursors. | Sports on Earth
- Imagining an All-Star team made entirely of coaches. | Sports on Earth
- Rockies' Trevor Story hits 6th home run | rockies.com
- Oldest and youngest teams in baseball | MLB.com
- MadBum homers off Kershaw, again | MLB.com
- Clayton Kershaw can’t f—ing believe he gave up another homer to Madison Bumgarner | SBNation.com
- Is the dramatic comeback in MLB dead? Not even close. | Sports on Earth
- Pull the blankets a little closer and watch some frigid scenes of April baseball | MLB.com
- Game Score Version 2.0 | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Best of FanGraphs: April 4-8, 2016 | FanGraphs Baseball
- Jake Odorizzi’s Search for a Third Pitch | FanGraphs Baseball
- Brandon Belt's six-year contract looks like a sweet deal | McCovey Chronicles
- Pete Rose apologized for shooting JFK via autographed baseball | SBNation.com
- National treasure Bartolo Colon makes an incredible over-the-shoulder catch | SBNation.com
what the cardinals are up to...
- Cardinals' role players are on a roll | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Hochman: 'Here Comes the King' means baseball in St. Louis | Benjamin Hochman | stltoday.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the milwaukee brewers
- Slide rule impacts end of Astros-Brewers game | MLB.com
- Rangers' catcher injury could renew interest in Lucroy | Brew Crew Ball
- A Milwaukee Brewers community | Brew Crew Ball.
- Preview: Cardinals vs. Brewers | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
the nl central
- Cubs Rizzo knocks in 6, but Schwarber injured | MLB.com
- Cubs' Kyle Schwarber goes on disabled list | cubs.com
- John Jaso fell into the stands chasing down a foul and looking for a nap spot, probably | MLB.com
- Phase One of Juan Nicasio’s Reclamation Is Complete | FanGraphs Baseball