It was just another lovely Spring Training game in Jupiter, Florida. Anthony Garcia jogged out to his position in left field. He did some quick leg stretches before he threw the ball back to the centerfielder. He lazily swung his arms around, enjoying playing baseball, being outside, and wearing the Birds on the Bat.
"This is the life," he thought to himself, perhaps even saying it quietly aloud.
THEN IT HAPPENED.
Whether their is any correlation between the sprinklers turning on and Tyler Lyons being on the field has yet to be confirmed.*
But, I mean, come on.
Outfield sprinklers go off in middle of Cardinals-Mets Grapefruit League contest | MLB.com
what else is going on in baseball...
- Landis Sims visits Yankees Spring Training | MLB.com
- Top 10 fantasy baseball prospects for 2016 | MLB.com
- Player movement gives MLB division rivalries extra spice. | Sports on Earth
- 1916 newspaper article reveals that Spring Training hasn't changed much in 100 years | MLB.com
- Ruben Amaro on Analytics (and Evaluation) | FanGraphs Baseball
- Projected 2016 Strengths of Schedule | FanGraphs Baseball
- Projected Opening-Day Payrolls for All 30 MLB Teams | FanGraphs Baseball
- The 5 most interesting players of the AL Central | SBNation.com
- Zepp, Old Hickory unveil "smart bat" | Beyond the Box Score
- Trade Retrospective: Mariners move Cliff Lee to Rangers for prospect haul | Beyond the Box Score
what the cardinals are up to...
- Cards complete contracts for Wacha, other pre-arbitration players | Cardinal Beat | stltoday.com
- Molina to catch; Holliday at 1B | Cardinal Beat | stltoday.com
- My offseason and a big thank you! | The Wave of Perseverance
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
- Pedro Alvarez agrees with Orioles | orioles.com
- There's a dude shredding electric guitar on the field at Cubs practice | SBNation.com
- Cubs, Jake Arrieta Talk Contract Extension, Then Stop | Bleed Cubbie Blue
Tweet or e-mail me links @lil_scooter93 or lil_scooter93 AT msn DOT com!