Although nothing has been confirmed by Mike Matheny, in regards to the rotation the Cardinals manager says he does not plan on making any changes. Following this logic, with Adam Wainwright tabbed to make the Opening Day start, the rotation would go something like this:
- Michael Wacha
- Mike Leake
- Jaime Garcia
- Carlos Martinez
Following this pattern and assuming no starts are skipped, this slots Wacha into starting the home opener against the Milwaukee Brewers on April 11, his second home opener start in three years. This would also give Garcia and Martinez more time to prepare before the season starts, which might be best considering each's injury history.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Luckiest moments in each MLB team's history | MLB.com
- MLB goes green for St. Patrick's Day games | MLB.com
- Dodgers Yasiel Puig will not be suspended | dodgers.com
- Analytics have teams considering bullpen roles | MLB.com
- Barry Bonds defeats Giancarlo Stanton and Christian Yelich in Marlins hitting contest | MLB.com
- Buyer beware: 10 to be wary of in fantasy | MLB.com
- Freak-Out Factor: Spring Training injury edition. | Sports on Earth
- Goose Gossage's comments exemplify everything wrong with baseball today | Pinstripe Alley
- No One Is Wrong About Adam LaRoche | FanGraphs Baseball
- Some of What I Learned From the Run-Value Leaderboard | FanGraphs Baseball
- The unwritten rules of bringing your kid into a baseball clubhouse | SBNation.com
what the cardinals are up to...
- Wacha likely to draw home opener as Cardinals reveal plan | Derrick Goold: Bird Land | stltoday.com
- BenFred: Will Matheny shift stance on pitchers hitting ninth? | Ben Frederickson | stltoday.com
- Molina swings, is closer to being set for opening day | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
- Reds prospect Jake Cave steps up with no number on his jersey, the D-backs booth is very confused | MLB.com
- Addison Russell on his Biggest Adjustments | FanGraphs Baseball
viva el stuff...