A tightly held secret around these parts is that we adore Carlos Martinez. So much so that a day of the week - Tsunamy Thursday - has been dedicated to him. Today is not Thursday, you might have noticed, but trying to contain all the glory that is Carlos Martinez to one day of the week is like trying to trap the sunlight in a mason jar. It will always escape, spreading out over miles, dazzling those that see it.
Yesterday we posted a Birdos in Brief about Carlos's charity, Tsunami Waves. If you have not watched the video yet, you totally should and here are ten reasons why...
1. It opens with awesome highlights from last season with Nelly's "Country Grammar" playing in the background.
2. You get to see Carlos chillin' with his family on the beach.
3. Carlos Martinez has so much fun and it will make your heart fill with happiness.
4. Seriously, he is the best person ever.
5. You see Carlos's childhood home.
6. WAIT, wait, wait. Rewind that. Was that a rooster I saw?
7. Carlos plays baseball with some neighborhood children.
Did he hit that left-handed? He hit that left handed.
8. There is some live-action Vitilla, a version of baseball played with a broomstick and a milk cap.
Hitting these milk caps looks literally impossible, by the way.
9. Carlos discusses his charity, Tsunami Waves, and the results of the glove drive.
10. It ends with a beautiful dedication to Oscar Taveras.
Watch the video!!!
Carlos Martinez, Nelly, and a wonderful cause. | Viva El Birdos
what else is going on in baseball...
- Top 15 Spring Training cliches | MLB.com
- Orioles sign Yovani Gallardo to 2-year deal | orioles.com
- Photo of the Day: Ichiro is keeping his eye on the ball | MLB.com
- Meteorologist Jim Cantore sent Mike Trout his very own weather balloon | MLB.com
- The top 10 Spring Training complexes to visit. | Sports on Earth
- Top 100 Right Now - MLB Network | MLB.com
- If each MLB division had an All-Star lineup, what would it look like? | Sports on Earth
- The 2016 Fan Excitement Ratings | FanGraphs Baseball
- Betts, Springer, and Other Contract-Extension Candidates | FanGraphs Baseball
- Just How Quickly Did Ichiro Used to Get Down the Line? | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Red Sox aren't giving up on analytics | SBNation.com
- MLB's changes to takeout slides are obvious, sensible | SBNation.com
- This baseball team's name is Bananas. No literally, Bananas. | SBNation.com
what the cardinals are up to...
- Hochman: It's 'Disney World' for Cardinals catchers : Sports | STL Today
- Hochman: Gruff Lilliquist has sparked Cardinals' pitching renaissance : Sports | STL Today
- Media Views: Edmonds to join Cardinals' TV booth : Sports | STL Today
- Molina dons the pads, begins some light catching : Sports | STL Today
- Steve Carlton, Rick Wise trade memories | MLB.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
- Dexter Fowler's fiasco with Orioles raises a lot of questions | FOX Sports
- The Cubs Addressed Their Last Big Question | FanGraphs Baseball
- David Stearns on Offseason Preparation and Rebuilding the Brewers | FanGraphs Baseball
viva el stuff...
The Jayson Heyward effect on the 2016 Cardinals Defense | Viva El Birdos
- Seung Hwan Oh Korean Hype Video | Viva El Birdos
- 40 DAYS TO APRIL 3: Stan the Man at Age 40 | Viva El Birdos
- Carlos Martinez is not in favor of a National League designated hitter | Viva El Birdos
- Rangers Vs. Blues Recap: Time To Invest Army....In Lots of Bubble Wrap. | St. Louis Game Time
- The St. Louis Blues are trying to entice jilted Rams fans with cheap tickets | SBNation.com
- Rachel Banham is so good at basketball Kobe Bryant can’t stop talking about her | SBNation.com
Tweet or e-mail me links!
E-MAIL: lil_scooter93 AT msn DOT com