Several weeks ago I asked for your help to determine the best Cardinals uniform ever. After four rounds of grueling head-to-head matchups, we finally declared a winner: the beautiful, classic 1969 uniforms.
But that wasn’t good enough for you all (read: mister_manager), was it? Nope, every damn week I fielded complaints about the omission of the lovely Saturday Alternate jerseys unveiled in 2013. But I had a plan, and that plan was to put them up against the regular uniform champion.
And, yeah, the Saturday Alternate uni kinda cleaned house. But it was not like that was not expected, they are beautiful...
So there you have it! While the 1969 uniform reigns supreme among the everyday unis, the Saturday Alternate stands in a class of its own.
Please direct all complaints about the results of this to email@example.com
what else is going on in baseball...
- The 26th Man Doesn’t Have to Be a Reliever | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Angels Were the Best at Something | FanGraphs Baseball
- Tim Raines’ Last Hurrah Highlights Hall of Fame Holdovers | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Ongoing Rise of the Pitch-Framing Floor | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Giants might want to re-acquire Pablo Sandoval | SBNation.com
- San Francisco Giants, Kansas City Royals should be all in for 2017 | SweetSpot | ESPN
- Without qualifying offer draft picks, MLB could be 'the freest free agency in sports' | SBNation.com
- As MLB pushes for power, 3 words highlight what's wrong -- the qualifying offer | ESPN
- The Dodgers spent $1 billion on players and have to cut debt | SBNation.com
- Diamondbacks acquire Taijuan Walker from Mariners for Jean Segura in 5-player trade | SBNation.com
- The Diamondbacks still have one of baseball’s most compelling rosters | SBNation.com
- Carlos Beltran’s market is down to 4 teams | SBNation.com
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Vin Scully, and Michael Jordan took wonderful photos at the White House | SBNation.com
- What to do with DJ LeMahieu | Beyond the Box Score
- MLB offseason about to heat up in December | MLB.com
- MLB Hot Stove, free agent and rumor roundup | MLB.com
- Former Oakland Athletics and San Francisco Giants pitcher Barry Zito sings and plays guitar in single off his upcoming country music album | ESPN
what the cardinals are up to...
- St. Louis Cardinals' central preoccupation? Filling center field | St Louis Cardinals | ESPN
- Baseball writers to honor '67 champion Cardinals | Cardinal Beat | stltoday.com
- Holliday might be moving on, but his impact in St. Louis is long-lasting | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Bowden: Brett Cecil is a "Terrible Sign" Business-Wise for Mozeliak and Cardinals | 101Sports.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central