Yesterday, Rawlings announced the finalists for its 2016 Gold Glove Awards. Two Cardinals made the list this year.
Yadier Molina will be attempting to claim his ninth consecutive gold glove award dating back to 2008. This year, Yadi is fifth among all qualified catchers, and fourth in the National League in the defensive component of fWAR with 4.7 in what was a down year for the backstop defensively. Yadi ranks first among all catchers in games played at 146 and in innings at 1218 and one-third, the next closest catcher being J.T. Realmuto at 129 and 1113.0, respectively. He ranked near the bottom in caught stealing percentage throwing out only 21.2% of baserunners, far behind his career mark of 41.6%. Could this year be the end of Yadier Molina’s reign atop the defensive catching summit?
In 2016 Adam Wainwright went errorless 198 and two-thirds innings, recording twenty-two assists and nineteen putouts (fifth in baseball among qualified pitchers, led by Carlos Martinez). Adam Wainwright helped his backstop by only allowing five stolen bases against him. Waino will be attempting to earn his third Gold Glove.
Molina, Wainwright named Gold Glove finalists | Derrick Goold: Bird Land | stltoday.com
the world series...
- Kyle Schwarber is the story of the Series so far. | Sports on Earth
- Kyle Schwarber not cleared to play outfield | cubs.com
- Kyle Schwarber Is Back, Wreaking Havoc | FanGraphs Baseball
- Cubs announce Kyle Schwarber is not medically cleared to play outfield | SBNation.com
- Here's what we know after Games 1 and 2 of the World Series. | Sports on Earth
- 71 years later, Wrigley welcomes World tonight! | MLB.com
- Game 3 Wrigley Field winds could create homers | MLB.com
- Wait till this year -- At last, the Fall Classic returns to Wrigley | ESPN
- Wrigley’s World Series history is unique, and not in a good way | SBNation.com
- The Cubs celebrated #ThrowbackThursday with a dance video/roast of Kyle Schwarber | MLB.com
- Bob Newhart is understandably pumped up about the World Series heading back to Wrigley Field | MLB.com
- The Evolving Curveball of Kyle Hendricks | FanGraphs Baseball
- Are the Cubs Vulnerable to Strike Throwers? | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Postseason Strike Zone Isn’t Any Better | FanGraphs Baseball
- The 5 ridiculous trades that got the Cubs and Indians into the World Series | SBNation.com
- Chicago Cubs World Series appearance commemorated by artists | ESPN
- Isaacson Friendships bloom in bleachers, grandstands at Wrigley | ESPN
- How Andrew Miller became the most important reliever in baseball | ESPN
what else is going on in baseball...
- Say goodbye to Vine with the 10 most-watched Cut4 vines | MLB.com
- Why the Front-Door Sinker Isn’t a Trend… Yet | FanGraphs Baseball
- Gold Glove Award finalists | MLB.com
what the cardinals are up to...
- Cardinals Yearbook Preview | St. Louis Cardinals
- Molina, Wainwright named Gold Glove finalists | Derrick Goold: Bird Land | stltoday.com
- Kirkwood man to be honored at Stan Musial Awards | Joe's St. Louis | stltoday.com
- Goold: Cubs, Cards take different paths to build pitching staffs | Baseball | stltoday.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
viva el stuff...
White Sox fan looking to make a trade | Viva El Birdos
The Case of Mike Trout | Viva El Birdos
PLEASE HELP ME | Viva El Birdos.