Giants fan, baseball writer extraordinaire, and seemingly all-around good guy Grant Brisbee has prepared another piece for this offseason, this one being the sequel to one he wrote a few days ago about this biggest remaining holes on every AL roster. Cleverly titled "The biggest remaining holes on every NL roster", this article examines every NL roster and what their biggest weaknesses are.
The Cardinals have two points of consideration: the starting rotation and the outfield. While neither are of vital importance-code red level concern, both areas could be upgraded. Grant says as much:
Even with Lance Lynn out for the season, somehow the Cardinals have a deep rotation. Every year, they fight injuries, engage in roster skullduggery and come out clean on the other side. It's impressive and irritating.
Everyone agrees, then, that starting the season with Stephen Piscotty and Randal Grichuk in the outfield is a step down from last year's lineup with Jason Heyward. Except, Piscotty had a 129 OPS+ and Grichuk had a 133 OPS+. Every year, they fight injuries, engage in roster skullduggery and come out clean on the other side. It's impressive and irritating.
Here are the 2016 Cubs, seemingly without a major roster hole.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Joe DiMaggio, Marilyn Monroe married in 1954 | MLB.com
- Dee Gordon, Marlins agree to multiyear deal | marlins.com
- MLB teams check out cricket star Kieran Powell | MLB.com
- Padres, Astros to play 2 games in Mexico City | padres.com
- Carlos Beltran gets Spanish translator program | MLB.com
- These five teams have had quietly solid winters. | Sports on Earth
- FanGraphs Audio: Doctor of Jurisprudence Nathaniel Grow | FanGraphs Baseball
- Players with Abnormally Strong Walk Years Get Paid More | FanGraphs Baseball
- Rays granted permission to look for new stadium in Tampa Bay | DRaysBay
- Orioles rumors: Offer made to Yoenis Cespedes, "patience wearing thin" about Chris Davis | Camden Chat
- The biggest remaining hole on every National League roster | SBNation.com
what the cardinals are up to...
- Who Is Seung-Hwan Oh? | FanGraphs Baseball
- Goold: The time a St. Louis baseball team tried to move to LA : Sports | STL Today
- Turn your old Kyle Lohse Cardinals jersey into a brand-new Seung Hwan Oh jersey | MLB.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
viva el stuff...
- The fanposts:
The Wreck of the Edmonds Hall Ballot | Viva El Birdos
- Hunt and Peck | Viva El Birdos
- 2016 Draft Preview No. 1: Early Favourites, Pitchin' Edishin | Viva El Birdos
Tweet or e-mail me links!
E-Mail: lil_scooter93 AT msn DOT com