The sun sets on the comfortable Tuesday evening. The girls are ready to battle it out in a friendly machine pitch softball game. But what is this? A malfunction? Whatever will they do if the machine will not work?
But look! Out of the crowd steps a hero - a six-foot-seven hero wearing a compression sleeve on his left leg and the most "dad" attire the world has ever seen.
"I can do it," the man says.
And Adam Wainwright did it. Well, sort of - he did give up nineteen runs, but considering he was pitching to his own daughters team, throwing "pipe shots" is probably the goal. - Cut4
He did tell us he would play again this year.
I MISS YOU ADAM PLEASE COME BACK.
what else is going on in baseball...
- These teams are in need of an impact trade. - MLB
- This is an inforgraphic of every walk-off homer since 1973. - Cut4
- Three players that could make history. - Sports on Earth
- Here an interesting read about four women that etched their names in baseball history. - Cut4
- These are some of the best home run duos of all time. - Sports on Earth
- The Indians will not trade Mike Aviles while his daughter battles leukemia in Cleveland. - Let's Go Tribe
- Five possible trades some people want to see. - Sports on Earth
- Clayton Kershaw has pitched twenty-nine straight scoreless.- MLB
- Scott Kazmir was traded to the Houston Astros. - SBNation
- It is Cole Hamels Trade Rumor Season! - ESPN
- Everyone wants David Price. I want David Price, and I my team doesn't even really need him. - CBS Chicago
- David Freese fractured his thumb :( - Halos Heaven
- Shout out to Arun (@ArunMizzou) from Twitter for sending me the link to this really cool article on neuroscience and baseball. - SBNation
- José Fernadez is a dangerous man *heart emoji, heart emoji, heart emoji*. - Fangraphs
what the cardinals are up to...
- The Cardinals promoted Stephan Piscotty. - Viva el Birdos
- And it looks like he will be playing some first base. - Viva el Birdos
- Some more Piscotty info. Side note: The Craig Edwards Puff Piece joke will never not be funny to me. - Fangraphs
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the atlanta braves
- Check out Talking Chop for all things Braves! - Talking Chop
the nl central
- Brandon Phillips with the vintage Brandon Phillips behind-the-back flip. - MLB
- Joey Votto reaches base nine time in one day (not game, but day). - MLB
- The right team for Johnny Cueto. - Just a bit outside
- Milwaukee's Heran Perez wears the wrong jersey. Oops. - Cut4
- Aramis Ramirez has been a Brewer for a long time. Here is his Brewer career in retrospective. - Brew Crew Ball
- The Brewers trade Aramis Ramirez to the Pirates. - Brew Crew Ball
- Oh hey, Kris Byrant is fast. - Fangraphs
|St. Louis Cardinals||61||34||.642||-|
viva el stuff...
- An ode to Randy Choate by johnjf125. - Viva el Birdos
- Ben Cerutti scouts the Springfield club. - Viva el Birdos
- top1214 writes about Peter Bourjos. - Viva el Birdos
- The Cardinals have some pretty nice odds to win the World Series. - Viva el Birdos
- Enter this cool Cardinals Care raffle! - Viva el Birdos
- Cardale Jones shut this guy down on Twitter. - SBNation
|Tuesday, July 21||Cardinals||8||White Sox||5||VEB Recap||SSS Recap|
|Wednesday, July 22||Cardinals||3||White Sox||2||VEB Recap||SSS Recap|
|Thursday, July 23||Royals||3||Cardinals||4||RR Recap||VEB Recap|