The deadline to tender contracts to arbitration-eligible players is today. With the aqcuisition of Brayan Pena, it has become less likely that Tony Cruz, long time backup to Yadier Molina, will be tendered a contract. This would mean Tony would become a free agent and likely sign with another team.
Or he could be traded. Before I could even finished this post, John Mozeliak found a home for Tony in Kansas City.
To commemorate the time we have spent together, I have made this awful tribute video.
I am so sorry. Tony deserves better than this.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Tigers sign Jordan Zimmermann | tigers.com
- Early signings setting market for pitchers | MLB.com
- Johnny Cueto limits exit velocity on fastballs | MLB.com
- Celebrate all of the wackiness and brilliance of baseball with the best rundown GIFs of 2015 | MLB.com
- When you sign to me ... Singer Marc Anthony has entered the baseball agency business | MLB.com
- Orioles owner Peter Angelos has a horse named Showalter, and he won his first race | MLB.com
- The Value of the Opt-Out Clause in the David Price Contract | FanGraphs Baseball
- What We Know About David Price On the Red Sox | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Red Sox can afford David Price's ludicrous contract because of their youth | SBNation.com
- Shelby Miller: Pseudo-Prospect | FanGraphs Baseball
what the cardinals are up to...
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central...