Before we get into the players in today's post, a few housekeeping items:
In the vein of expanding Future Redbird coverage in 2015:
- F-R is looking for anyone who has interest in writing the Daily Farm Reports during the 2015 season. I'm envisioning some changes to how this will be accomplished this season and am also looking for the assistance of a web developer who is familiar with writing web-scraping scripts to help with yanking box scores automatically rather than randomly. If you're interested in either of these, please email me at the address in my SBNation profile with the words "DFR Writer" or "Web Development" in the subject line.
- F-R is also looking for anyone that lives in the vicinity of any of the farm teams (Jupiter, Palm Beach, Johnson City State College, Peoria, Springfield, or Memphis) and would be interested in doing game watches, developing scouting reports, or shooting pictures/videos on Cardinal prospects. If interested, email me at the the address in my SB Nation profile with "Farm Scouting" in the subject line.
- Stephen Piscotty (#62)
- Marco Gonzales (#64)
- Alex Reyes (#77)
- Rob Kaminsky (#87)
Vaughn Bryan, 21, LF/CF/RF
Acquired: 2013 Draft, Round 35 (1055th Overall), Broward College (Sophomore)
2014: Peoria (A)
Totals: 350 PA, .262/.326/.382, .120 ISO, .319 wOBA, 20.7% K, 7.7% BB
After being pegged at #10 on Cardinals Top 10 prospect list at Baseball Prospectus a year ago, Bryan received quite a bit of attention given that:
- Both Oscar Taveras and Kolten Wong were also on that list.
- The Cardinals have had a crazy/insane track record with late round draft picks in the Mozeliak era.
- Jason Parks fell in love with his plus-plus running ability and compact, powerful looking swing.
Xavier Scruggs, 27, 1B
Mason Katz, 24, 2B