- Shane Robinson (DH): 3-5, 2 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- Randal Grichuk (CF): 1-5, R, 3 K
- Stephen Piscotty (RF): 3-4, R, 2 RBI, SB (9)
- Xavier Scruggs (1B): 1-3, R, 2B, K
- Greg Garcia (2B): 1-2, 2B, RBI, BB, K
- Thomas Pham (CF): 2-4, R, RBI
- Pete Kozma (SS): 1-4, CS
- Marco Gonzales (SP): 7 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 0 BB, 7 K, 2 HR
- After his rough stint with the big club, and rocky AAA debut, Marco Gonzales was back to his old self. The 2 solo shots he surrendered were the only blemishes on a strong start.
- Meanwhile the Redbird offense jumped all over old friend Clayton Mortensen, scoring 4 runs and rapping 9 hits in 4.2 innings.
- Stephen Piscotty's stolen base was his 9th of the year, which ties him with Tommy Pham for the team lead.
- Charlie Tilson (CF): 1-5, RBI, K, SB, CS
- Cody Stanley (C): 0-3, R, 2 BB, SB
- James Ramsey (LF): 1-5, CS
- Curt Smith (1B): 2-5, R, 2B, RBI, K
- Breyvic Valera (2B): 3-4, 3 R, RBI, BB, K, 2 SB
- Rafael Ortega (RF): 1-2, 2 R, 2 RBI, BB, SB
- Matt Williams (3B): 3-4, 2 R, 2 RBI, SB
- Kyle Hald (SP): 5.1 IP, 3 H, 5 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 2 HR
- Christopher Thomas (RP): 0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 1 ER, BB
- Seth Blair (RP): 1 IP, 1 K
- Mitch Harris (RP): 2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 K
- Charlie Tilson made his Texas League debut and picked up right where he left off in Palm Beach, hitting a single, stealing a base and getting caught stealing. It will be interesting to see if Tilson's power numbers get a bump playing half his games in lefty friendly Hammons Field.
- The S-Cards ran wild on Tulsa catcher Chris O'Dowd, stealing 6 bags and getting nabbed twice.
- Chris Thomas allowed just his 1st earned run and 2nd walk in 13.1 AA innings. He also somehow failed to strike anybody out.
- Seth Blair, making his 2nd appearance since being sent back down to the Texas League, threw a clean inning.
- Nick Martini (CF): 2-5, 2 R, K
- Ildemaro Vargas (3B): 1-3, R, RBI
- Bruce Caldwell (DH): 2-5, R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 K
- Luke Voit (1B): 2-4, 2B, RBI, BB
- Anthony Garcia (LF): 1-5, 2 R, 2B
- David Popkins (RF): 2-5, R, 3B, 2 RBI
- Mason Katz (2B): 2-4, 2 R, RBI, BB, K
- Gerwuins Velazco (C) 2-3, 2 2B, RBI, BB
- Jimmy Reed (SP): 7 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 0 BB, 2 K, HR
- Bruce Caldwell's 2 run shot in the 1st was his 8th homer in the Florida State league this season. It gave Palm Beach a lead they would not relinquish.
- The number of strike outs (25) has not been eye popping, but Jimmy Reed has only walked 1 batter since moving up to Palm Beach from the Midwest League.
- Every Palm Beach position player that appeared in the game reached base safely.
- Darren Seferina (2B): 1-3, R, BB, K, SB
- Danny Diekroeger (3B): 1-4, K
- Alex De Leon (DH): 2-4, 3B, BB, K
- Trey Nielsen (SP): 4 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 4 K
- Kyle Grana (RP): 2 IP, H, BB, 2 K
- Rowan Wick has not yet figured out homers on his night off.
- Even though he was a 5th round pick in this past draft, 2B Darren Seferina was not really on my radar when the Spikes started the season. He has been exactly as advertised thus far, good contact ability, good speed and little power, and the walks have been a pleasant surprise. He is, as fourstick noted post-draft, Kolten Wong Lite.
- Kyle Grana was signed as an undrafted free agent after the 2013 draft and was a nice surprise in rookie ball last year. The Wildwood, MO native has kept it up this season, he has yielded only 2 earned runs in 22 innings, and is walking 6.7% of the batters he faces while striking out better than 38%. Hopefully, he'll get a late season audition in the Midwest League.
- Casey Turgeon (2B): 0-4, K
- Oscar Mercado (SS): 0-4, K
- Blake Drake (CF): 0-3, K
- Casey Grayson (DH): 1-4, R, 2 K
- Chris Rivera (3B): 0-3, K
- Jose Godoy (C): 2-3, K
- Ian McKinney (SP): 6 IP, 8 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 7 K
GCL 7 - GCL 5 Game 1 (7 Innings)
- Edmundo Sosa (SS): 0-4, R
- Magneuris Sierra (CF): 1-4, R, RBI, K
- Michael Pritchard (1B): 1-2, 2 R, BB, K
- Malik Collymore (2B): 2-4, R, 2B, 4 RBI
- Michael Massi (3B): 1-2, 2B, RBI
- Julio Mateo (SP): 5.2 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 1 BB, 3 K, 1 HR
Memphis: Tyler Lyons
Springfield: Sam Gaviglio
Palm Beach: Kyle Helisek
Peoria: Alex Reyes
State College: Cody Schumacher
Johnson City: Juan Perez
Johnson City: TBD