Memphis 9 Omaha 4
- Greg Garcia (2B): 1-4, R, 2 K
- Randal Grichuk (CF): 2-5, 2B, 2 R, RBI
- Oscar Taveras (DH): 0-3, K
- Tommy Pham (DH/PR): 0-1, K
- Stephen Piscotty (RF): 1-5, R, RBI
- Scott Moore (1B): 2-4, 2 2B, 2 R, 2 RBI, BB
- Joey Butler (LF): 2-4, HR, R, 3 RBI, BB
- Boone Whiting (SP): 4 IP, 5 H, 2 BB, 2 R, 0 ER, 6 K
- Lee Stoppelman (RP): 1 IP, H, ER, BB, K
- Memphis actually trailed this game 4-3 in the 9th before erupting for 6 runs in the top of the frame.
- Whiting had a solid, if brief, second outing of the season. He was able to scatter 7 base runners over four innings, and racked up 6 strike outs along the way.
- Oscar Taveras started at DH and was lifted for Tommy Pham in the 8th. The Memphis DH's combined to go 0-4 with 2 K's.
- Joey Butler started in left in place of Taveras and was the hitting star, with a home run and 3 RBI.
- It's early, but the so far Lee Stoppelman has not looked great.
Corpus Christi 7 Springfield 6 (11 Innings)
- Mike O'Neill (DH): 2-4, 2 R, 2 BB, 2 K, SB
- James Ramsey (RF): 3-6, 2 2B, 2 R
- Patrick Wisdom (PH/3B): 0-2, K
- David Popkins (RF): 1-4, 2B, BB
- Aledmys Diaz (SS): 4-5, 2B, 3B, R, 3 RBI, CS
- Kurt Heyer (SP): 7 IP, 4 H, ER, BB, 4 K
- Ronnie Shaban (RP): 0.1 IP, 4 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, K
- Springfield led 5-1 in the 9th, Ronnie Shaban was on the hook for all 5 runs the Hooks scored to take the lead. Springfield came back to tie it in the bottom of the frame before losing in extras.
- Aledmys Diaz started at short, and had what is almost certainly his best day as a pro, the only negative was a caught stealing.
- Mike O'Neill had 2 walks and 2 strikeouts. He struck out two more times in a game than did James Ramsey. OK.
- Kurt Heyer did his thing, limiting both walks and strikeouts.
- Needless to say it was a tough outing for Ronnie Shaban.
Bradenton 4 Palm Beach 3
- Charlie Tilson (CF): 1-3, BB
- Breyvic Valera (DH): 2-4, RBI
- Jacob Wilson (2B): 1-4, K
- Anthony Garcia (LF): 1-4, HR, R, RBI
- Kyle Helisik (SP): 7 IP, H, BB, 3 K
- Sam Tuivailala (RP): IP, H, 3 K
- Robert Stock (RP): 0.2 IP, H, 2 ER, 2 BB
- Thomas Lee (RP): IP, 3 H, 2 R, ER, 2 K, HR
- Another ugly bullpen meltdown in the late innings. Robert Stock gave up 2 runs in the 8th, Thomas Lee came in to clean up the mess, and ended up surrendering a walk-off shot in the 9th. The silver lining for the bullpen was Sam Tuivailala striking out the side.
- Kyle Helisik held Bradenton to 1 hit over 7 innings.
- Anthony Garcia hit his first homer of the season, which was the only extra base hit for Palm Beach on the night.
Peoria 1 Dayton 0
- C.J. McElroy (CF): 2-4, 2B
- Mason Katz (2B): 0-3, R, BB, K
- Carson Kelly (C): 0-4
- Kenneth Peoples-Walls (DH): 1-3
- Ronald Castillo (RF): 1-3, RBI
- Nick Petree (SP): 5 IP, 5 BB, 6 K
- Nick Petree only allowed 2 hits, but was all over the place walking 5 and striking out 6.
- Carson Kelly had another rough night behind the plate, he allowed 2 stolen bases and had a throwing error.
There are three games on the slate today. Angel Castro starts for Memphis in a day game, and a couple of Gonzaga alums start in the night games; Marco Gonzales for Palm Beach and Arturo Reyes for Peoria.