Memphis 3, Colorado Springs 7 (7 innings)
- Mike O'Neill and Ryan Jackson were both 2-for-4.
- Greg Garcia was 2-for-3 with a walk.
- Nick Additon was lit up for 6 runs on 5 hits in 4.1 innings of work. He walked 4 and struck out 4.
- The Redbirds faced off against former Cardinal Mitchell Boggs who walked 1 in a scoreless 7th inning.
Memphis 1, Colorado Springs 7 (7 innings)
- The Redbirds managed just 2 singles and 2 walks in the game.
- Scott McGregor got the start with 4 innings of 3 run baseball. He allowed 3 hits and 2 walks with 5 strikeouts.
- Deryk Hooker was knocked around for 4 runs in 1 inning of work. He walked 1 and allowed 3 hits including a grand slam.
- James Ramsey was 2-for-4 with his 15th home run at Springfield.
- Colin Walsh was 2-for-4 with his 1st AA home run.
- Xavier Scruggs was 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Cody Stanley was 2-for-4 with his 5th home run of the season.
- Starlin Rodriguez was 2-for-4.
- Tim Cooney turned in another strong performance with 7 innings of 1 run baseball. He struck out 7 and only walked 1 while allowing 5 hits. Cooney is a "pitcher" rather than a "thrower" that relies on his command and mixing pitches rather than pure stuff. That said, it's working. He's striking out almost a batter an inning this year and has a 6:1 K:BB ratio. As a lefty, this is the type of results that gets you curious about his ability to be one of those crafty guys that stick around for a while.
- Lee Stoppelman pitched a scoreless 9th with a hit and a pair of strikeouts.
- Jonathan Rodriguez was 2-for-3 with a home run and a walk.
- Patrick Wisdom was 1-for-4 with a home run.
- The Cardinals top draft pick from 2013, Marco Gonzales, got the start with 5 innings of 1 run baseball. He allowed 1 hit (a solo home run) and struck out 4 while walking 1.
- Logan Billbrough was lit up for 3 runs in 1.2 innings. He struck out 4 and walked 2 while allowing a hit.
Peoria 4, Wisconsin 5 (15 innings)
- Charlie Tilson was 4-for-7 with a pair of home runs.
- Jeremy Schaffer was 2-for-6 with a triple and a walk.
- Silfredo Garcia allowed 3 runs over 6 innings on 7 hits and 1 walk. He struck out 4.
- Joseph Scanio took the loss in the 15th inning. He pitched 2.2 innings allowing 1 run on 3 hits and 5 walks.
State College 2, Mahoning Valley 7
- Cesar Valera, SS, was 2-for-4 with a walk.
- Brett Wiley, 2B, was 3-for-4 with a triple and a walk.
- Arturo Reyes pitched 6 innings allowing 2 runs on 4 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 5.
- Jhonny Polanco was roughed up for 4 runs on 2 hits and 1 walk. He struck out 1.
Johnson City 0, Elizabethton 4
- Johnson City was held to a single, double and 4 walks.
- Blake McKnight allowed 2 runs (1 earned) during 5 innings. He struck out 4 and allowed 1 walk and 4 hits.
- Fernando Baez and Stalyn Lopez both pitched a scoreless inning striking out 1. Lopez walked 1.