The system goes 3-3 W-L overall in last night's action excluding Johnson City whose game was suspended after five innings of play. Tim Cooney battled through six innings against Tulsa to earn a quality start and keep his team in the game to then go on to walk-off in the ninth. Cory Jones opened some eyes last night with his twelve strikeout performance for Peoria.
Memphis 0, Round Rock 9
- The Memphis offense had six hits total in this game. They were all singles from hitters Ryan Jackson, Justin Christian, Chad Huffman, Thomas Pham, Luis Mateo, and Greg Garcia.
- Scott McGregor the starter went 5 2/3 innings gave up five runs (two earned) on seven hits. He walked two and struck out three.
- Marc Rzepczynski was the only Memphis pitcher to have a scoreless outing. He pitched 1 1/3 scoreless innings, walked two and struck out one.
- Jorge Rondon gave up a solo homer in an inning of work.
- Victor Marte allowed three earned on four hits in one inning. Rockets his ERA up to 6.10 on the season.
Springfield 3, Tulsa 2
- Springfield rallied late with two runs in the last two innings and to walk-off.
- James Ramsey hit a game-tying 8th inning homer which was his 12th for Springfield.
- Ruben Gotay went deep for the 12th time at Springfield.
- Chris Swauger had one hit and a game-winning hit by pitch in the 9th to walk-off.
- Colin Walsh was 2-4 in his Texas League debut.
- Tim Cooney battled through six innings he gave up two earned on ten hits. Struck out eight and didn't walk a single batter.
- Jose Almantrae struck out two in a scoreless frame.
- Lee Stoppelman picked the win in the ninth by punching out two in a scoreless inning of relief.
Palm Beach 1, Tampa 2
- Starlin Rodriguez had one hit which was for two bases and walked.
- Jonathan Rodriguez was 2-4 with an RBI double the only run produced by the Palm Beach offense.
- Ryan Sherriff pitched five innings gave up one earned on five hits with the rest of the line being ones.
- Jordan Swagerty had a positive outing he pitched 1 2/3 scoreless, walked one and struck out one.
- Ronnie Shaban faced one batter and struck him out.
Peoria 7, West Michigan 3
- Breyvic Valera collected two hits in four at bats as did Jacob Wilson who came around to score twice.
- Patrick Wisdom was 2-4 with a double and 4 RBI's. Wisdom hasn't hit for a high average this season only at .232 but he has been one more productive in the Peoria lineup with 59 runs driven by him.
- Ildemaro Vargas hit an RBI double his 28th on the season.
- Trevor Martin was 2-4 with an RBI double.
- Cory Jones struck out twelve while giving up three earned on six hits in six innings of work. The big right-hander has now struck out 46 and walked 11 batters in 57 innings at Peoria this season.
- Dixon Llorens followed with striking out the side twice in his two scoreless innings.
- Zach Russell struck out one in a scoreless inning.
- 19 of the 27 outs collected by Peoria were by the strikeout.
State College 2, Connecticut 5 (Game that was suspended and completed yesterday)
- Jimmy Bosco was hitless but did walked twice.
- Carson Kelly was 3-4 with an RBI double.
- Arturo Reyes pitched four innings gave up two earned on three hits.
State College 4, Connecticut 2 (Completed after five innings due to rain)
- Jimmy Bosco was 1-2 with an RBI single.
- David Washington was 2-3 with an RBI.
- Carson Kelly whose been on a tear of late was 2-3 with 2 RBI's pushing his average up to .302.
- Willy Paulino went five innings gave up two earned on six hits. He struck out six and walked one.
Johnson City 4, Greeneville 5 (Suspended after five innings due to rain)
- Vaughn Bryan had two hits one for an RBI.
- Ronnierd Garcia had an RBI single in three at bats.
- Justin Ringo was 2-3 with a solo homer.
- Steve Bean hit an RBI and walked twice before the game was suspended.
- Blake McKnight was pulled after 4 2/3 innings he gave up five earned on six hits, walked three and struck out four.
- Rescheduled to be completed on August 12th.