Palm Beach game was postponed as the farm system went 2-3 W-L overall tonight. Greg Garcia went deep for the first time this season at Memphis. James Ramsey went solo in a Springfield victory. State College and Johnson City suffered late losses.
Memphis 5, Nashville 4
- Memphis scored three runs in the top of the 9th to then eventually go on to win by that final score.
- Greg Garcia hit a solo homer his 1st of the season.
- Adron Chambers collected three hits in five at bats pushing his average one point below .250 range the highest mark he's been to this season.
- Chris Swauger was 3-5 with a double and 3 RBI.
- Boone Whiting was pulled after 5 2/3 innings he gave up 9 hits on 2 earned runs he walked 3 and punched out 5.
- Jorge Rondon earned the win as he pitched a scoreless 8th.
- Fernando Salas has stabilized the Memphis back-end of late he pitched a scoreless 9th in a save opportunity.
Springfield 7, Northwest Arkansas 4
- James Ramsey was 2-3 with a solo homer, one walk, and two runs scored.
- Xavier Scruggs hit a 2-run RBI single and also walked.
- Cody Stanley has been the Springfield run producer the past two games he had another big hit tonight it was a 3-run RBI double.
- Richard Castillo left after 6 1/3 innings he gave up 8 hits on 3 earned runs as he walked 3 and struck out 1.
Palm Beach's game was postponed due to rain.
Peoria 0, Great Lakes 5
- Peoria was shut-down by Great Lakes southpaw Miguel Sulbaran whose 18-years of age one of the youngest hurlers in the Midwest League. Quite impressive to be shutting older competition of that age.
- Silfredo Garcia got the initial "hook" after 4 2/3 innings he allowed 1 earned run on 4 hits he walked 4 and struck out 4.
State College 6, Hudson Valley 7
- State College lost a tough one in the 10th inning.
- Steven Ramos was 3-5 with a double and two runs scored.
- Bruce Caldwell was 2-4 with an RBI double.
- Ronald Castillo was 2-4 with a 2-run RBI double drove in.
- Kevin Herget pitched 4 innings gave up 3 earned runs and struck out 1.
- Arturo Reyes struck out 2 in 2 1/3 scoreless innings.
Johnson City 1, Bristol 2
- Vaughn Bryan is off to a nice start to his pro career he went 2-3 with a double.
- Luis Perez was 2-4 with the lone run scored.
- Justin Ringo singled in Perez on an RBI single.
- Dailyn Martinez pitched 7 strong innings allowed 1 earned run on 5 hits he walked 1 and fanned 3 also induced 13 groundouts which is good to see from a young Dominican in his first season on U.S territory especially one who skipped GCL and was pushed all the way to Johnson City that doesn't happen all that much in this organization.