- The story of the game was clearly starting pitcher Carlos Martinez. Against one of the worst hitting teams in the league, Martinez brought his A-stuff striking out 8 in 7.2 innings. He allowed just 3 singles and recorded 9 of 12 non-strikeouts on the ground.
- Fernando Salas pitched a scoreless inning on rehab. He struck out 1.
- Kolten Wong was 1-for-3 with a triple and a walk.
- Oscar Taveras was 1-for-2 with a double. He was removed from the game after apparently re-aggravating the ankle injury that had him sidelined for multiple weeks.
- Brock Peterson was 3-for-3 with a walk and his 18th home run of the game.
- Adron Chambers was 2-for-4.
- James Ramsey was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Roben Gotay was 3-for-4 with a double.
- Luis Mateo was 2-for-3 with a double.
- Stephen Piscotty hit his first AA home run during a 1-for-4 outing.
- Nick Greenwood, who has oddly been converted to a starting pitcher, went 6.1 innings allowing 1 walk and 7 hits for 1 run. He struck out 4.
- Deryk Hooker picked up the save with a scoreless 9th.
- Colin Walsh was 1-for-2 with 3 walks.
- David Popkins was 2-for-4 with a double. He's hitting for an impressive .867 OPS at Palm Beach fueled by a .342 batting average.
- Kurt Heyer was roughed up for 6 runs in 4.2 innings. He struck out 3 and walked 2 along with 6 hits.
- Aidan Lucas pitched 2 scoreless innings allowing 2 hits and striking out 1.
- Jacob Wilson was 1-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Nick Martini was 2-for-4.
- Hector Hernandez had a very good outing allowing 4 hits and 2 walks over 7.2 innings. He struck out 3. The line would have looked better had both his bequeathed runners not come around to score saddling him with 3 ER.
- Jimmy Bosco, CF, was 2-for-5 with a triple.
- Bruce Caldwell, 2B, was 1-for-3 with a walk and a home run.
- Juan Bautista was touched up for 5 runs (2 earned) over 5.1 innings. He allowed 9 hits and 4 walks while striking out 2.
Johnson City 5, Danville 4 (10 innings)
- Johnson City won in extras to start the season 4-0.
- Justin Ringo, 1B, was 2-for-5.
- Kenny Peoples-Walls, SS, went 3-for-4 with a double and a walk.
- Rowan Wick, C, was 2-for-4 with a walk.
- Dailyn Martinez got the start going 3.2 innings allowing 3 runs (2 earned). He allowed 4 hits and 2 walks while striking out 2.
- Stalyn Lopez struck out 2 in 2 innings of work. He walked 1 and allowed 1 hit.
- Zach Loraine pitched 2.1 innings of scoreless baseball allowing 1 hit.