Hope you like Springfield because they were the only team in action today. They split their double-header with NW Arkansas by using up all of their offense in the first game. Carlos Martinez had a positive outing. Boone Whiting? Not so much. Thomas Pham went yard, and Mike O'Neill had a prototypical day.
Memphis: No scheduled game
- Leading off, Mike O'Neill went 1-for-2 with 2 walks. That's so Mike O'Neill.
- Thomas Pham continues to impress. He went 3-for-4 with a HR (3).
- Starlin Rodriguez went 3-for-3 with a HR (2).
- Jake Lemmerman joined in on the fun by hitting a HR (2) and drawing a walk.
- Ruben Gotay singled and walked twice.
- Audry Perez doubled.
- Carlos Martinez threw 60 pitches in 4 innings. He allowed 1 run on 4 hits. More impressive, he struck out 4, walked zero, and induced 6 groundouts and only 1 flyout.
- Anthony Ferrara pitched 1.2 scoreless innings that included 1 hit, 2 walks, and 1 strikeout. He was credited with the win, which should probably tell you something about pitcher "wins."
- Deryk Hooker struck out 2 in 1.1 scoreless innings; he allowed 2 hits but didn't walk anyone.
NW Arkansas 10, Springfield 3 (7 innings)
- Mike O'Neill inched closer to the .300 mark by going 2-for-3 with, yes, another walk.
- Xavier Scruggs went 2-for-3 with a double and walk.
- Ruben Gotay singled and walked.
- Vance Albitz and Chris Swauger contributed singles.
- Tough outing for Boone Whiting who only lasted 3 innings. He coughed up 7 runs (4 earned) on 4 hits (1 HR), 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts. All that despite pitting 6 groundouts against zero flyouts.
- Dean Kiekhefer couldn't fair much better as he was battered for 3 runs on 5 hits in 2 innings, though he did have 3 strikeouts.
- Justin Wright allowed 1 hit in 2 scoreless innings.
Palm Beach: No scheduled game
Peoria: No scheduled game