John Gast leads in the pitching department while Tommy Pham continues his strong campaign in Springfield.
Kolten Wong was 2-for-5 with a triple.
- Ryan Jackson was 2-for-3 with a double.
- Jermaine Curtis was 1-for-2 with a pair of walks. I don't consider Curtis to be much of a process but, for the third consecutive year, he's working on an impressive OBP. He's going to be 26 in July, is an adequate 3B at best and lacks significant power in his bat but, again, he gets on base frequently. This kind of player can be easy to underrate at times.
- John Gast threw up 7 innings of zeros. He allowed 6 hits and 1 walk while striking out 4. That's 18 scoreless innings to start the season and a big jump in his strikeout rate. Gast recorded 11 of 12 outs on the ground Tuesday night.
- Sam Freeman struck out 2 in 1.1 innings.
- Tommy Pham was 2-for-4 with a triple. That's his 5th triple of the season giving him a .738 SLG and .405 ISO on the season.
- Jake Lemmerman was 2-for-3.
- Ruben Gotay was 2-for-4.
- Scott McGregor struck out 4 in 6 innings. He allowed 1 run on 6 hits and 1 walk.
- Deryk Hooker put up 2 scoreless innings striking out 1 and allowing 1 hit. Hooker has one bad outing this season that is going to color his stats for a while. Otherwise he's struck out 8 in his 6 innings of work.
- Michael Blazek allowed 1 hit in a scoreless inning.
- James Ramsey was 1-for-2 with a pair of walks.
- Tyler Rahmatulla was 2-for-4.
- Kyle Hald struggled through 6 innings allowing 8 hits for 3 earned runs. He walked 2 and struck out 1.
- Brandon Creath was lit up for 4 runs (3 earned) in 0.1 innings pitched.
- Lee Stoppelman struck out 2 in his 1.2 scoreless frames.
- Breyvic Valera was 3-for-4.
- Jacob Wilson was 2-for-4 with a double.
Patrick Wisdom was 0-for-3 with a walk. Wisdom is 2 for his last 21 at bats and hitless in his last 3 games. He also committed his 5th error of the season.
- Joe Cuda failed to make it to the third inning walking 3 in 2 innings. He allowed 4 runs (1 earned) on 5 hits and 2 wild pitches.
- Mike Aldrete allowed 3 hits in 3 innings of work with his only allowed run coming on a solo blast. He struck out 1 and picked up the win.
- Dixon Llorens struck out 1 in a perfect 9th.