You want baseball gifs? Ask Elbirda!
Gifening Day Is Finally Here!
For five long months in the Highbrow Frat House, we've chatted about all things El Birdos. A major theme that emerged was the use of technology in baseball. Like hitters getting fitted for "puck knobs," taping electrodes all over their bodies to hit in their underwear, and measuring the horsepower of their swing to create their "best bolt."
In the spirit of that trend, I applied some fancy-schmancy AI technology in the new Elbirda virtual assistant to release the final Greatest Gifs installment.
"Elbirda, play the Ace of BaseRuns giflist."
The Swedish pop group's smash-hit context-neutral song and run estimator
1. The sudden Shildt firing was a Circus, but really was about choosing the right philosophy
2. A VEB writer critiqued a swing that produced lazy fly balls, so Fat (not Phat) Albert and the Gang demonstrated
3. It was just a squattoo! Don't have a cow, VEB!
4. The managerial transition was straight outta MiB (Men in Baseball)
5. Facing a pitching Ice Age, the Cards shoulda stored this guy in winter
6. Lunchlady Doris knew what to do with the outfielder surplus
7. This clever girl taught us we never have to choose between prospects
8. We were all still waiting for Delvin Pérez's Breakout season
9. A VEB writer gave Oceans of reasons for deploying an opener
10. Shildt tried to recruit an old colleague for a coaching gig
11. Some VEBers crusaded for another Bat, Man
12. VEBers worked on their Jedi mind tricks to win the Star(ter) Wars
13. Mo never cares if VEB Cheers his off-season strategy
14. The system works
15. Reviewing the lockout, neither side had a Clue