Here is what went down yesterday at Viva El Birdos:
- Please, Mo, Don’t Trade for Mike Moustakas: Bclemens6 makes the case for the Cardinals to steer clear of the Royals’ third baseman.
- John Mozeliak was wrong to criticize Dexter Fowler’s effort: I explain why John Mozeliak’s public statement on Dexter Fowler’s effort does much more harm than good.
- Carlos Martínez and Marcell Ozuna use teamwork to fight the ghosts - A Hunt and Peck: lil_scooter93 chronicles the Cardinals’ reaction to paranormal activity.
- Daily Farm Report: Gorman Goes Deep (Again): Andrew St. John rounds up a busy day down on the farm.
- Game 84 of 162: Cardinals at Diamondbacks: Last night’s game thread, which I’ll venture to guess is a giant puddle of rage and despair.
- Cards lose to Dbacks, umpire in 4-2 loss: stlcardsfan4 recaps a 4-2 defeat as the Diamondbacks evened the series at one win apiece.
Today in Cardinals history: July 4, 1776
The Continental Congress formally adopts the Declaration of Independence and the United States proceeds to do ‘Murica stuff, which has since evolved to include watching grown men play baseball, consuming obscenely large amounts of foods, and igniting a bunch of “pyrotechnic devices used for aesthetic and entertainment purposes.”
Have a good one,