Here is what went down yesterday at Viva El Birdos:
- Exploring a Jose Martinez Trade: I break down Jose Martinez’s trade value and whether or not moving him this July could make sense.
- Sam Tuivailala 2.0: Bclemens6 analyzes Sam Tuivailala’s evolution as a pitcher.
- Daily Farm Report: Woodford Makes Memphis Debut: Andrew St. John rounds up six games worth of minor league action for the Cardinals’ affiliates.
- The fourth Jordan Hicks update - A Hunt and Peck: lil_scooter93 documents the progressive improvements of flamethrowing righty Jordan Hicks.
- Game 79 of 162: Cardinals vs. Cleveland: Last night’s game thread.
- St. Louis Ambushes Kluber 6.26.18: VanHicklestein recaps the Cardinals’ 11-2 demolition of the Indians.
Today in Cardinals history: June 27, 1934
The temperature reaches 115 degrees at Sportsman’s Park in St. Louis. Dizzy Dean leaves the game with two out and the score tied 7 - 7 in the top of the 9th. Reliever Jim Mooney retires Mel Ott, and when Bill DeLancey homers in the bottom of the inning to win the game, Dean is given credit for the win, his 12th of the year, though he wasn’t the pitcher of record when the winning run scores. As on the 24th, Mike Haley, the official scorer who had been overruled earlier that day, is the scorer and gives the win to Dean. Taking no chances, he asks John Heydler to review his decision and Heydler agrees.
-BR Bullpen’s baseball history calendar
Have a good one,