Here is what went down yesterday at Viva El Birdos:
- The Aftereffects of High Pitch Counts: I study whether or not lengthy starts take their toll on pitchers during their next outing.
- Jordan Hicks’ Whole Life is Thunder: Bclemens6 analyzes the progression of Jordan Hicks in his young Major League career.
- Daily Farm Report: Holland, Bowman Continue Rehab: Andrew St. John provides the latest updates on Cardinals minor league action, including rehab assignments for Greg Holland and Matt Bowman.
- All Weird Sitters united behind our leader, Matt Carpenter - A Hunt and Peck: lil_scooter93 chronicles the Weird Sitter™ debate currently raging between Matt Carpenter and Dexter Fowler.
- Game 65 of 162: Cardinals vs. Padres: The game thread from last night’s defeat to the Padres.
- Cardinals lose to the excellent Padres bullpen in 4-2 loss: stlcardsfan4 recaps the one where the Cardinals lost the baseball game.
Today in Cardinals history: June 13, 2006
Chris Carpenter of the St. Louis Cardinals limits the Pittsburgh Pirates to three hits and strikes out a career-high 13 in seven shutout innings as St. Louis beat the Pirates, 2 - 1. Jason Isringhausen earns the save, passing Lee Smith to set the franchise mark with 161 career saves. [Isringhausen would go on to finish his tenure in St. Louis with 217 saves, a club record that still stands to this day.]
-BR Bullpen’s baseball history calendar
Have a good one,