It is Tuesday and it is inexcusable if you haven’t already read all of Monday’s posts, but if you read them now, with a barrage of links directing you to said posts, you will be forgiven and spared. Spared from what you ask? Well, we haven’t quite figured that part out yet, but it will probably not be any worse than watching last night’s 10th inning. Sorry. We just can’t come up with as creative of punishments as the Cardinals.
- Aaron looked at what is causing the Cardinals slow start, which only got slower last night, and he concluded basically the offense, but he delves deeper into it than that so read that.
- Andy correctly noted that Mike Matheny is not using an eight man bullpen the way you need to use an eight man bullpen, which is to say he’s using his bullpen like he’s got a seven man bullpen.
- Josey wrote about how the Memphis Redbirds are stealing the show in the minors, and let’s be frank, they’re also stealing the major league club’s thunder a bit.
- Heather gave a nice recap of what happened between Torey Luvullo and Yadier Molina and an update on what could happen, as well as providing other helpful links.
- Josey also posted the series preview of the Brewers against the Cardinals with what is now an ominous warning at the end about Greg Holland coming to the team.
- There was a game thread, which had so many comments that there was also an extra inning thread. Don’t really know why you’d put yourself through that though as I do not want to relive yesterday’s game.
- Lastly, VanHicklestein had the unfortunate luck to draw last night’s game, which shall be known as “The One With Greg Holland Walking in the Go-Ahead Run” and hopefully that title only applies to yesterday’s game when the season is over.
Let’s hope the Cardinals do better tonight so that I can say something positive for the game recap.