By my count, since our last news and notes post last Friday morning, we have had 12 posts go up on VEB. Twelve! This may have been a bit overwhelming, so in case you missed something, here’s a recap.
- Projections! The VEB community projections are coming along nicely and there are five new players on whom to stake all of your wildest hopes and dreams for the 2018 season. Now, you can make predictions for Paul DeJong, Carlos Martinez, Jose Martinez, Brett Cecil, and Luke Gregerson.
- Speaking of Paul DeJong, Tyler Kinzy wrote about ways in which the shortstop can avoid a sophomore slump in 2018.
- If you’re a fan of prospects and/or clicking things, check out a thing I did (stole from something Craig Edwards did last year) where you click on prospects in order to create a real-time, comprehensive list of Cardinals prospects.
- Tommy Pham is unhappy about his contract situation. He probably doesn’t have much control over the matter, but little underscore scooter ninety-three recapped Pham taking a stand on the matter last week.
- I wrote about the ten greatest events in Cardinals history. It’s not quite what it probably sounds like.
- One of the biggest stories in baseball as a whole lately has been the shockingly small contracts signed by Mike Moustakas and Lance Lynn. Pegasus wrote about the Moustakas contract with the Kansas City Royals and how the Cardinals couldn’t have merely bid a dollar (or even four dollars) more to get Moustakas to St. Louis, and after Lynn signed with the Minnesota Twins, I wrote about how what the Cardinals did—offering a player the qualifying offer without giving an earnest effort to re-sign him, is unfairly hurting free agents.
- Aaron Schafer covered a few topics in his Sunday post, my personal favorite being that Mike Mayers is apparently going to be the greatest reliever in MLB history. Stay tuned for more updates on that story.
Okay yeah that looks like twelve. I’ll see y’all later.