This is a 30-for-30 team: a 30-man roster consisting of one player per team from one year.
- Two players at each of the eight field positions besides pitcher
- One DH, one extra infielder, one extra OF or 1B, and one utilityman (three positions w/10+ games with one position 2B/3B/SS/C)
- Six starting pitcher, three relievers, and one wild card hurler (relief pitcher in this case)
I used Fangraphs WAR & WPA and B-Ref's WAR & wAA% to value the players, then I made decisions as to who could fit into the 30-man roster. Players that played for multiple franchises went to the team with the highest rWAR. Players are listed in alphabetical order by position, not trying to denote starter/reserve.
It's damn near impossible to get all the best choices, but I tried to grab the top MVP & Cy Young contenders and no real "tossers". Let me know what you think.
- Catcher: Buster Posey (SFG); J.T. Realmuto (MIA)
- First Base: Matt Carpenter (STL); Freddie Freeman (ATL)
- Second Base: Javier Baez (CHC); Whit Merrifield (KCR)
- Third Base: Alex Bregman (HOU); Matt Chapman (OAK)
- Shortstop: Francisco Lindor (CLE); Manny Machado (BAL); Trevor Story (COL)
- Left Field: Eddie Rosario (MIN); Christian Yelich (MIL)
- Center Field: Starling Marte (PIT); Mike Trout (LAA)
- Right Field: Mookie Betts (BOS); Nicholas Castellanos (DET); Mitch Haniger (SEA)
- Designated Hitter: Giancarlo Stanton (NYY)
- Utility: Max Muncy (LAD)
- Starting Pitcher: Patrick Corbin (ARI); Jacob deGrom (NYM); Reynaldo Lopez (CHW); Aaron Nola (PHI); Max Scherzer (WSN); Blake Snell (TBR)
- Relief Pitcher: Jared Hughes (CIN); Jose Leclerc (TEX); Seunghwan Oh (TOR); Kirby Yates (SDP)