Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. I know. I know. Very recently the Cardinals were caught up in their very own cheating scandal. So, when news broke that the Red Sox were illegally stealing the catcher's signs by use of an Apple Watch, a keen eye, and some nefarious trainers, I did not cast judgement.
But, like, come on, right? The jokes for this write themselves, but that was not necessary as there were plenty of people willing to write them. And here are some for your enjoyment!
bad sport's town pic.twitter.com/sEOZWgoKa4— PFTCommenter (@PFTCommenter) September 5, 2017
this is what happened when the Red Sox stopped using their Apple Watches pic.twitter.com/bm6h7NoGv6— Kenny Ducey (@KennyDucey) September 5, 2017
Let's just get this out of the way because it's too easy. #RedSox pic.twitter.com/CJ39e2eK2Y— Jon Couture (@JonCouture) September 5, 2017
This next one is not a meme, but it is really cool and let's end on a sweet note, shall we?
Whenever the #Yankees play the #RedSox, I think of Gramp & Ted & how I so wish I could have been a fly on home plate for these little chats! pic.twitter.com/U5TCBkYqIY— Lindsay Berra (@lindsayberra) September 1, 2017
I'm a Boston fan and I don't care that the Red Sox cheated | SBNation.com
How the Red Sox used an Apple Watch to steal signs from the Yankees | SBNation.com
The Red Sox cheated by using an Apple Watch to steal signs from the Yankees | SBNation.com
Red Sox, Yankees, and MLB react to Boston cheating with Apple Watch | SBNation.com
Rob Manfred on Red Sox investigation: There's no rule against sign-stealing | SweetSpot | ESPN
Everything you need to know about sign stealing | SweetSpot | ESPN
what else is going on in baseball...
- Where the Diamondbacks Have Found Their Wins | FanGraphs Baseball
- The Dodgers Look Terrible Right Now | FanGraphs Baseball
- Protecting Players Against Big Data | FanGraphs Baseball
- The White Sox end Indians’ week-long streak of never trailing | SBNation.com
- Bryce Harper’s new hairstyle is so bad you can’t unsee it | SBNation.com
- Red Sox’ Mookie Betts makes diving catch against Toronto Blue Jays | SBNation.com
what the cardinals are up to...
- Numbers don't lie for 2017 Cardinals | Ben Frederickson | stltoday.com
- Carpenter nurses shoulder injury; Cards promote infielder Valera | St. Louis Cardinals | stltoday.com
- Can the Cardinals Catch the Rockies and Brewers and Snatch a Wild-Card Ticket? Yes. | 101Sports.com
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the san diego padres
- Padres-Dodgers Preview: 09/02 game 1 of doubleheader | Gaslamp Ball (not sure why this says Dodgers - it is not about the Dodgers. Just go with it.)
the nl central
- At last, Ernie Banks has a monument worthy of a Hall of Famer | Bleed Cubbie Blue
- Gennett, Reds pull away late, slam Milwaukee Brewers 9-3 | Brew Crew Ball
Tweet or e-mail me links @lil_scooter93 or at lil_scooter93 AT msn DOT com!